UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BC Avengers Wave

fwoosheyman

Not a damn thing in Alpharetta, Georgia. As expected. I haven't seen ANYTHING new since that one wave with the cap hulkbuster except a single shipment of a single full set of IW 1.

And to think I used to have trouble with TRU... You'd think with more stores to check I'd have an easier time.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Tommy Wiseau said:

Also found a full set at a Walgreens in Kingston, PA. DarthBurkie, you might be the reason I wasnā€™t able to find them at the one near my house.Ā ?

I was on my way to visit my parents in Scranton and had to stop for gas at Sheetz. ? I was really looking for IW2.Ā They mustā€™ve had two sets as I picked up an extra Iron Fist and left a GR/Fallen.

Now, I'm not going to say that I called in sick today so that I could go to Walgreens for these, but I did call in sick today and go to Walgreens. Completely unrelated. Anyway, my local Walgreens very rarely gets any of the Walgreens exclusives. So not only did I not find the new Minimates, but I didn't find any of the new Pop exclusives (including Spider-Ham! *choke*), or the Marvel Legends Thing figure. Since it was still early in the day, I did a quick map search and learned that there was another Walgreens about 10 minutes away. There I found the Thing, and one of the Pops I was looking for (the Lizard), but no Minimates. I did talk to a very nice employee who told me that she always makes sure to put the exclusives out prominently, because she knows collectors come in looking for them. Anyway, I checked my phone again and found out that there's another Walgreens about 10 minutes from that one, so I drove there but had no luck. That exhausted the Walgreens within a reasonable distance. So anyway, at the end of the day I did get two of the things I was looking for, though no Minimates, and set up a reasonable Walgreens route. So not a total loss I guess. Oh, and I had a candy bar.

Went to three Walgreens (all both within about 2 blocks of each other) during their restock times and watch the staff fill the pegs with...Wave 8 :(Ā  They all said that they did not have any others in stock.

And for those of you who stated that your stores have 2 pegs (one for animated and one for comic waves), I have never seen this. All of the Walgreens that I have visited in NY seem to display 4 mates at a time on one peg. It varies between movie and comic waves.

My stores just finished their reset and no end cap. Worse yet they are both down to a single peg. One had a complete set of Animated wave 9 and the other has been without mates now for a month. I was so looking forward to finding some wave 8 and BC mates. Ah well, I'll try again in two weeks.

There was one set of four 2-packs on an unmarked peg amongst the toys at my nearest store.

While I wasn't initially interested in this series and thought it might be the first I'd skip in years, I picked it up for a couple reasons:

- As usual, once I see the designs in person, I fall for them. Despite not having read the comic, these are all somewhat familiar characters, kinda like the founding fathers of Marvel. At the end of the dayĀ I just couldn't pass on having Agamotto and Odin and the earliest versions of Black Panther and Iron Fist. Now I just need a wooly mammoth figurine and some lighter fluid.

- This is the first comic-based series of Minimates Walgreens has offered. While the packaging insists they're "Avengers," I don't know that the average consumer will associate these particular characters with the ones fans are most familiar with from the films and cartoons. In the absence of Toys R Us, I really want this line to continue at a retailer capable of offering such offbeat heroes and villains. So I'm doing my small part to support the Minimates brand by snatching these up.

As long as I can find new Marvel Minimates at Walgreens, I'll keep buying them.

Found this wave twice today at two different stores, grabbed the first set.

Also found a RESTOCK OF INFINITY WAR WAVE 1 AT THE SECOND STORE. COME THE F*CK ON.

Third store is fully reset, but has jacksh*t nothing new for either MCU or animated. I'm so f*cking beyond this sh*t.

Well, I had almost given up trying to find any new Walgreen's Minimates in Bloomington/Normal, IL.

There are six Walgreen's in these two towns (twin cities as they are referred to from time to time.)Ā  Two are harder to get to for me as they are on the very opposite side of town the I normally travel.Ā  Anyway,Ā  of the four I can frequent, one is not very often.Ā  The three I can get to without much effort have pegs that hold some of the very first two or three waves of Walgreen's exclusives or the Movie mates that are also now just hanging on and not selling.

Yesterday I ventured to the fourth location I try to make it to but is on the fringe of my domain.Ā  This one store happened to have one full set of Avengers of 1,000,000 BC and I snagged that whole set.Ā  They also had three of the second wave of Infinity War mates (I got the Hulkbuster set and the War Machine set, but skipped the Gamora set.) Also found the Kraven set, the new Collector/Quill set and the new Skurge/Enchantress set.)Ā  This particular Walgreen's had the endcap display as referred to in a previous posting.Ā  The other three I frequent did not have any new endcap displays or any of the newer mates.Ā  Now the remaining two stores in town may have the new mates, but I will not be able to get to them anytime soon to check them out.

I opened the 1,000,000 BC set I got.Ā  I like the primitive Black Panther and Ghost Rider.Ā  Starbrand looks like a Hulk only not green. Iron Fist is sort of cool as a female and her ponytail is an interesting part.Ā  Odin could use a better helmet/beard combo, but a nice figure.Ā  Agamotto is a nice figure as well, but the antlers fell off already.Ā  Phoenix is cool in all but the fire bird is attached to her hair and makes it a part that is very character specific and not usable for any customizing outside of a Phoenix character, but the primitive appearance is nice.Ā  As for the Fallen, it sort of looks like cross between Iron Man as SentinelĀ Ā and a transformer.

I like the use of the wristbands on Phoenix, Iron Fist and Ghost Rider and even Agamotto (but his are a different color).

I will say overall I would give this set an 8 out of 10.Ā  I am going to display them after Halloween as my display location at my office is currently overrun with Nightmare Before Christmas mates as well as Beetlejuice and Universal Monsters.

I wish I had been able to get a second set or at least a third set as I can see some parts being able to be used for other customs.