UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A Brilliant License Opportunity...

Having rewatched it in theaters for the twentieth anniversary and noticing what an enormous fanbase it has. Minimates based off of The Big Lebowski is an offer far too good to pass up. Sure, quantity may not be there, but quality certainly. We could be gifted a clean, sharp looking set of minimates with this line and the want is definitely there. I mean, if Pulp Fiction and View Askew could do so well, why not this? Anyone ever thought of this before?

Yeah, it would make a lot of sense, and I'm sure DST could make a bunch or other products (pint glasses, signs, statues) that would sell. It seems to me that, usually, they have a deal with a production company or studio for a whole bunch of films; for example, Desperately Seeking Susan was one of several films covered by a blanket license. The Kevin Smith and Tarentino sets weren't just for one movie, but a bunch. Anyway, I'm not sure how it works with the Coens, and if they could do a similar deal. But in addition to Lebowski, Fargo would seem like another logical property. And I personally would be thrilled with Hudsucker Proxy and Miller's Crossing Minimates.