UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

90's X-Factor

thereasonsy

Hey Guys:

I was looking at this

and got inspired. Until they finally relent and give us our 90's line I figured this would be a good place to post customs/recipes etc of the team.

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I've got a Polaris custom almost finished. Just can't decide how I want to do the head. The green hair is easy but I may just do that headpiece as a sticker and call it a day.

I saw a custom that used 90's Jean Grey's head that worked pretty well.

I really don't like the 90's X-Factor costumes, but the comic itself was good, so I'd probably get the team if they were all released at once. I'd still prefer classic Multiple Man, though.

My first customs. Fully painted (and amateurishly with enamel paints):

OZDA7cx.jpg

I only made one Jamie, the rest are just the same figure photographed in different positions, and composited together. Luke sculpted the barrel chest onto a 2.5" LotR body & put a 2" neck joint (and sculpted the hair twirl) for me.

My current QC versions (with DST Madrox, Pietro, and Longshot - albeit the latter has a different hairpiece):

NuqKpQe.jpg

Edited by TENIME_art

16 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

My first customs. Fully painted (and amateurishly with enamel paints):

OZDA7cx.jpg

I only made one Jamie, the rest are just the same figure photographed in different positions, and composited together. Luke sculpted the barrel chest onto a 2.5" LotR body & put a 2" neck joint (and sculpted the hair twirl) for me.

My current QC versions (with DST Madrox, Pietro, and Longshot - albeit the latter has a different hairpiece):

NuqKpQe.jpg

Don’t sell yourself short @TENIME_art your first attempts at the 90s team look great.

Always been a little weird to me that they've never made this team. I mean, none of these guys are A-list X-characters, but then neither is anyone in X-Force (no, not Cable), or the New Mutants, or Excalibur. DST loves this era, so I still think eventually it will happen.

I love seeing all these custom X-Factor teams. If/When DST get around to making them, I think desperately hope they include Random. 
If DST are looking for a way to update Quicksilver, a 'speed effect' that is attached between the chest block and the hip and trails behind could be really cool. Similar to what Hero Clix did with some of it's speedy characters.

On 8/9/2018 at 8:30 AM, MisterPL said:

I've got a Polaris custom almost finished. Just can't decide how I want to do the head. The green hair is easy but I may just do that headpiece as a sticker and call it a day.

First costume didn't have the headgear. It wasn't until the sleeveless version that she gained the Jean/Scott/Alex/Remy/Warren head gear

https://goo.gl/images/GBQtPq

vs

https://goo.gl/images/KMyUhN

Edited by Mnemosis

• 3 months later...