UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shapeways question

Heinous

Forgive me for not remembering whose shop it is, but I'm pretty sure they 3D print all that stuff right? I don't know how much time some thing like belts or helmets take to create, but why not go for something people often request like a flaming motorcycle? I'm sure there are plenty of people that pay 20-30 bucks for that. I'm sure there's other things like that that people would shell out money for 

But like I said, I don't know how hard that'd be, may not be worth their time or even they don't have the time. 

If i’m Not mistaken, shapeways prints the stuff. People like @Dave create the design in a 3d design software and upload/share it on shapeways. I believe the creator gets a cut of the price you pay to have it printed.

Dave’s stuff is amazing, but I can’t justify paying the shapeways prices to get it. I have a 3d printer, but I don’t have the skills (or patience) (or knowledge) to create something for Minimates. I’ve tried, but I think I need better software.

It would be great to get a bike like that. Painting it would be a challenge though!

11 hours ago, Heinous said:

Forgive me for not remembering whose shop it is, but I'm pretty sure they 3D print all that stuff right? I don't know how much time some thing like belts or helmets take to create, but why not go for something people often request like a flaming motorcycle? I'm sure there are plenty of people that pay 20-30 bucks for that. I'm sure there's other things like that that people would shell out money for 

But like I said, I don't know how hard that'd be, may not be worth their time or even they don't have the time. 

They 3d print the stuff one of the ideas I have on my list is a motorcycle or mammoth, but I am unsure of how to do them.

I thought it would be coolest to have the motorcycle (or mammoth) be a lower body piece that would take the place of the legs and crotch pieces. Have a peg that fits into the Minimate’s torso. Sculpt the legs onto the bike so you don’t have to worry about the limited hip movement of Minimates.

29 minutes ago, Onyx_6 said:

I thought it would be coolest to have the motorcycle (or mammoth) be a lower body piece that would take the place of the legs and crotch pieces. Have a peg that fits into the Minimate’s torso. Sculpt the legs onto the bike so you don’t have to worry about the limited hip movement of Minimates.

That would be amazing! I also would want crossed legs so we could replicate sitting Indian style for our sorcery friends.

14 minutes ago, spidermatt said:

Didnt Dave make some iron man parts for the Infinity War Iron man? Just wonderin. Cus i thought i saw the leg thrusters on shapeways one day. I could be wrong.

They’re in his shop and are titled ‘booster’