UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

RIP Steve Ditko

hellpop

So very sad right now. Just an absolute giant in the comics field. His 38 issues of Spider-Man (plus the annuals and Amazing Fantasy 15) will always be the best Spider-Man comics of all time, and Doctor Strange was even better. The rest of his work wasn't up to that level, unfortunately, but he still created some interesting and enduring characters beyond those big two. RIP.

Just read this on BBC website :(

My first exposer to his art would have been the Marvel pocketbook reprints Back then I wouldn't have really known one artist from another, but covers like this hooked me. 

019.jpg

From the Spidey swinging at you in a classic image seen many times on the original cartoon. To guest stars! LoL I still want Enforcers Minimates and covers like this is probably why.

That's really sad news . Just like you MiniFiend I became aware of Ditko through the UK reprints .......in those days (60s) British comics never ever referenced the writer /artist  which is completely insane when you think about it now . Ditko Spider-Man was iconic.

RIP.

• 2 weeks later...