UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pokémon GO - Friends & Trading

Nessex

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About an hour ago I caught a second Mewtwo, but he was a real bitch to get.  I only got 10 balls (thankfully the blue team is pretty popular and tends to have most members of raids, or I would have been really screwed), and caught him on the very last throw, which was a terrible throw.  I got about 6 great curveballs in, a couple of bad throws, and one miss when the connection got jittery at an inopportune time.  Golden raspberries with each throw, of course.  They don't make it easy.  It's not like you can get a lot of practice perfecting excellent throws with this guy.

• 3 weeks later...

Gen 4 is out! I have caught an evolved form of one of the bug types, already. Others are around, but not close enough at the moment.

I read somewhere that the monkey, the penguin, and the plant turtle are the "starters" for this generation.  So, I've been trying to gobble up as many as I can while they're relatively easy to find.  Later on they could be appearing at the rate that the Kanto starters do, which isn't very much usually.*  I've only evolved the beaver thing so far from Gen 4.  I dig the more sophisticated sounds they have.

How did folks here do with Beldum community day?  I got over 600 candies, using up most of my Pinap berries in the process.  And probably 6 or 7 shiny ones. One of which is very powerful, who I evolved into Metagross.  I was really excited for this one, as Beldum is one of the Poke's I rarely get/see, and have been trying to build up just enough candies to get one strong, fully evolved version.  I've already evolved 3, and am debating doing a 4th in the next 20 minutes.  If I wait longer, the Meteor attack won't be given to him, but I like to keep a substantial number of candies available for future use if need-be. . .

*Related to this point, I live down the street from a public park, and different, random Pokemon will spawn there at high rates for about a week at a time.  Previous Pokemon that did this included Charmander, Squirtle, Nosepass (this happened last week), the long-neck turtle dude that doesn't evolve, and Ponyta, to name a few.  Anyone else have this happen?  I guess this is "nesting."

14 hours ago, karamazov80 said:

Yeah - the nesting is pretty standard. There's a facebook group for Pokemon players in Canberra that tracks where all the nests in the local area are, and what monster is nesting there. If I remember correctly, the nests reset every two weeks. It's on a Thursday morning here, so it's probably Wednesday nights in the States.

I was road-tripping and the event crapped out in the Asia-Pacific block, so I only got 1 shiny Beldum. Luckily, I had a 98CP Beldum saved in my 'dex. I was waiting for a double CP event to evolve it, but figured I should evolve something yesterday to get the Meteor attack.

I caught 5 Shiny Beldum and many more regular ones. I evolved 2 regular and a shiny to Metagross. Of course, as soon as the event ended I hatched a pretty high IV Beldum from an egg. oh well.

I caught an 80% Giratina yesterday. We had 6 in our party and hit 2 Giratina raids. 2 people were in a car, so I didn't have contact with them. Of the 4 of us that were out, I was the only one who caught Giratina at the first raid and no one(of the 4) caught it at the second. Mine was a nice throw on the first toss and it stuck.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
20 hours ago, Nessex said:

Ha ha! This might have to wait till your next holiday to the east coast of Australia? LOL

No chance you’re coming for GO Fest or a US con? ?;)

Definitely don’t want to risk location spoofing.

That’s only a 5 or so hour drive for me. If we don’t lose our lucky status, I would seriously consider driving down to do the trade.

I can't quit this game.  Just spent almost 2 hours today doing tasks to catch that damn Chinchilla Pokemon instead of relaxing or actually enjoying the gorgeous weather outside.  Totally worth it.

• 3 months later...

Can someone please send me a gift. I am trying to hatch Munchlax and Chingling before the Pokemon GO Sinnoh Throwback Challenge 2020 ends in 2 days.

My friend code is 8398 2543 9879.

I just sent you an invite from my primary and secondary (formerly daughters') account.  Good luck getting those guys.  I never got a Chingling in my primary account.