UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pokémon GO - Friends & Trading

Nessex

Anyone here a Pokémon GO player?
The game has just introduced 'Friends' and the ability to trade.

The cumulative distance of any given trade is tallied up and counts towards earning badges, so I figured as a global community, the MMMV would be able to help each other out a bit. 

My Trainer code is 9434 2893 6523 if anyone wants to add me. 

Feel free to sound off with your trainer code below if you're keen to start sharing gifts and trading monsters :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love this, but I am not level 30 yet. I have about 200k XP to go. I will share when I get there, though.

On a positive note, I was able to unlock Mew!

Edit - Looks like I am now able to participate.

My trainer code is 6017 2126 8404

Just sent a request, @Nessex

Edited by Onyx_6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am happy that we could all connect on another front.  I enjoy your posts about MiniMates but I do like having you as friends on Pokemon Go as well.

I only wish we were close enough to actually trade pokemon as I am sure you all have many that I don't have.

Yeah, it would be nice for the trading function. It would also be nice if you could see your friends’ Pokédex entries as well.

Sorry to everyone that I don’t send gifts constantly, but my items are usually full and I don’t seem to get gifts with every spin.

Hi all.  I'm a Pokemon Go player, though my very limited hours make it hard for me to do raids and whatnot, which is a challenge for trying to catch em all!  My code is: 1506 9169 2307

I'll go ahead and add you guys to my list.  I go running the Pokemon on, so I've already hatched every available Alola type Pokemon multiple times.  So, I just use the gifts for the stardust.  But I work at a university with about 5,000 Pokestops, and live down the road from a public park.  So I'm never in short supply of gifts to divvy out!

I thought it would be helpful to have a list of the research tasks to catch Celebii. I am going off memory, as I am on level 3 already. Let me know if I missed something and I will add it. Thanks!

1    Ripple in Time (1/8)

• Battle in a Raid
    • Battle in a gym 2 times 
    • Power up a Pokémon 5 times
    • Reward:
      • Something
      • Something else
      • Another thing

2    Ripple in Time(2/8)

• Something 
    • Evolve an evolved Grass type
    • Meet 3 New Friends
    • Reward:
      • Something
      • Something else
      • Another thing

3    Ripple in Time(3/8)

• Reach level 25
    • Use a Sunstone to evolve Gloom or Sunkern
    • Hatch 9 eggs
    • Reward:
      • Pokemon appears (Eevee)
      • Sunstone 
      • Premium Raid Pass

4    Ripple in Time(4/8)

• Walk 10km with Eevee as your buddy Pokémon to earn candies 
    • Evolve Eevee into Espeon during the day 
    • Send 20 gifts to friends 
    • Reward:
      • Pokemon appears (Eevee)
      • 2500 Stardust
      • Steal Coat

5    Ripple in Time(5/8)

• Walk 10km with Eevee as your buddy Pokémon to earn candies 
    • Evolve Eevee into Umbreon at night
    • Trade a Pokémon 
    • Reward:
      • Star Piece
      • 15 Pinap Berries 
      • Upgrade

6    Ripple in Time(6/8)

• Visit Pokéstops 7 days in a row 
    • Use 25 Pinap Berries while catching Pokémon 
    • Use items to evolve Pokémon 2 times
    • Reward:
      • 3500 Stardust 
      • Dragon Scale
      • 5 Silver Pinap Berries 

7    Ripple in Time(7/8)

• Catch 40 Grass- or Psychic- type Pokémon  
    • Make an Excellent Curveball Throw
    • Earn a gold Johto medal
    • Reward:
      • Pokémon appears
      • Charged TM
      • 10 Silver Pinap Berries 

8    Ripple in Time(8/8)

• Catch Celebii
Edited by Onyx_6
Reached level 7

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that when you get a Pokemon through an event like this, even minor ones like the ones you do for stamps, they are never all that powerful.  I was held up on the Celebii "participate in a raid" task for the longest time, because my schedule makes it really damn hard to do anything during the day when those go on.  But I finally did it yesterday, and now I've got my eyes on the prize.

Anyone catch a Mewtew yet since they started popping from raid eggs?  I'm going to have to take time out of my work to do it, but thankfully should have an advantage as there is a Facebook page for LSU (where I work) raids, and on Friday morning there was one with at least 10 people.

Edited by karamazov80

I was at my local mall yesterday and saw a (larger number than usual) bunch of people walking around staring at their phones. I was going to go into GameStop but around that area of the mall there was about 100 to 150 people standing around all playing on their phones. When I asked what was going on, I was told a bunch of people were trying to catch a rare Pokémon by getting together in a large party. I know nothing about Pokémon or Pokémon Go. But, it was cool to see games bringing people together.

I had received an EX Raid pass to a Mewtwo event 2 weeks ago. I got there, and unfortunately my WiFi only iPad couldn’t keep me in position long enough to actually participate. Everyone else caught him, but not me. I joined a Facebook group with some of the players from there, but I haven’t had luck being able to get to the same locations as they are to Raid for Mewtwo. Apparently he is significantly more challenging to catch now than as an EX Raid reward, with crappier moves as well.

He's got a 60,000+ CP when fighting him, which seems insane.  I've actually never gone after any of the big fish in a raid, but gotta finish out my Kanto region Pokedex.  Supposedly you can catch him with 6-8 reasonably powerful "trainers."  There are 3 different Facebook pages all geared toward helping people play this game in my area, which helps a lot.  It must be damn near impossible for people in rural areas to go after powerful Pokemon in raids.

Reached level 7. I also hatched a Mr. Mime from a gift egg! Just need Kangastan and Mewtwo. Plus a few evolutions to finish Kanto!

Yeah, a group of 21 actually met when I got there to fight this guy.  So all the blue team went together, and red and yellow fought him in a private group.  But most of the other guys there were groups of friends who seem to do this all the time.  This was only my second group raid attempt.  My first was a Magikarp down the road from my house with 2 other guys :D  I'm thrilled that I was actually able to capture him.  I was down to my last two balls.  You need Great to Excellent throws with golden Raspberries to even have a chance.

Edited by karamazov80

After failing on the EX Raid, I went up with the people who were there to try for a Regirock. We defeated it, and I threw 4 Excellent Curveballs and 2 Great Curveballs, all with golden rasp berries, and he broke out every time; I didn't get him.