wave 77

Dave

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great wave but I can’t understand that Miles Morales at all. What is he doing there? What a strange decision when we could’ve had an updated Doc Ock with his white suit, for example, or any other classic villain.

7 hours ago, stack32 said:

Have to applaud DST for some creativity with that Spider-Man. That Miles is a horrible costume design and I'm a little disappointed DST chose it. Mysterio seems like a waste though I suppose he'll be better than the Carnage in wave 76 as far as being a repeat. Prowler, Molten Man, Kraven, and Hydro-Man look good and there seems to be just enough new parts to not feel like the characters got shorted. Vulture is a little boring being so much like the first but that one was so close to perfect that I guess there's not much to do if they fix the colors and plastic. I'll have to wait for a better picture of the Spider-Slayer.

"What he said"  wouldn't even cover it ......word for word, stack32's post nails it.

I have to agree with most ppl here. other than the Miles figure (even though I do want to see how those glasses are attached to the head block.) I think this is a great wave.

A lot of updates to figures that may be hard for ppl to get hold of nowadays. All in all for me very happy.

One thing that I did notice is Mysterio's bowl an cape seems to be one piece on this figure so maybe the whole thing slips over a head block? Or it could just be the way the sample is produced no matter either way.

5 hours ago, minimatestopmotion said:

Mysterio's Cape looks like the one the old Moon Knight came with and also Betsy Braddock. Those figures had like no articulation so I'm hoping the cape is different

You bring up a good point. The articulation will be somewhat limited... my earlier statement should probably be amended to something like ‘this new sculpt will allow for an improved range of motion beyond what the original figure had’. There will still certainly be limitations on posability even with the changes this new cape has implemented

1 hour ago, MiniFiend UK said:

One thing that I did notice is Mysterio's bowl an cape seems to be one piece on this figure so maybe the whole thing slips over a head block? Or it could just be the way the sample is produced no matter either way.

Yeah, it’s hard to say for sure with just one prototype image to work from, but I am also under the impression that it is one solid piece that will likely be a slipover

5 hours ago, minimatestopmotion said:

Mysterio's Cape looks like the one the old Moon Knight came with and also Betsy Braddock. Those figures had like no articulation so I'm hoping the cape is different

It’s a different cape thankfully! I have to say I’m surprised with the comments about the figure selection. They are giving us 4 harder and more expensive figures to find that have mass market appeal (hi Walgreens) that should do really well for the line. I personally don’t have a “real” vulture (just a zombie one with a different head) a custom Hydro Man that’s embarrassing, an old Kraven, and a TRU Mysterio that I never opened because I weirdly only open exclusives once I have a double so selfishly I cannot wait for this wave. I do agree about Miles though but I will probably just parts bin him or just use him for a civilian Miles.

I know a few people are disappointed with Vulture, but as someone who got into minimates after the Friends & Foes boxset had been released for some time, I’m really glad I won’t have to try and talk myself into spending $60 to finish off the Sinister Six now.

Great to finally have a new comic lcs wave to look forward to and great for my taste that it's pretty classic.  Interesting that spiderman seems to have displaced the x-men as the "go to" wave theme lately after what felt like years of near neglect for him. 

I have no real opinion on the redos, though hydroman looks like a big improvement, but I'm happy with molten man, very happy with prowler and delighted and amazed in equal measure with the jjj spiderslayer!

1 minute ago, montrossx said:

Great wave!  Looking forward to Spider Slayer the most.  Not expecting it, but would love to see an alternate head for Blackie Drago Vulture.  Love that era...

That would be absolutely ideal. Zach, any chance of that happening?

I've always convinced myself that we already have the Blackie Drago Vulture sans hair ......if you give the original a dark hairpiece it looks way more like Drago than it looks like Toomes  .Try it !    Minimates have (allegedly) no noses & ol' Adrian had a proper 'beak' in the comics so that may have a lot to do with it .

29 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

I've always convinced myself that we already have the Blackie Drago Vulture sans hair ......if you give the original a dark hairpiece it looks way more like Drago than it looks like Toomes  .Try it !    Minimates have (allegedly) no noses & ol' Adrian had a proper 'beak' in the comics so that may have a lot to do with it .

That's true!  And this new one may look even better.  But I need that hood... ?

QXbGcG4.jpg

I'm pretty stoked for this wave.  Yeah, there's a few I don't need (I'm looking at you Mysterio and off-duty Miles), but on a whole I'm pretty stoked for the revamps and new characters.  Plus, now I can have kitbash the old Vulture I have into a Blackie Drago and finally have the Vulture battle of my dreams.

My dreams have gotten weird, y'all.

Regardless, love love love that it's another comic wave.  Here's hoping we're overrun with comic waves this year.

This wave is pretty epic! I love Dead Spider-Man! Miles is the odd one out, but I understand his relationship to Prowler helps the 2-pack make sense.

And SPIDER-SLAYER! With the JJJ face! From the classic polls I ran last year, that scratches off Prowler & Molten Man, and this specific version of the Slayer was the army builder poll winner. If you're keeping score, that bumps Classic Beetle to #1, followed by Madame Web, and then a two-way tie between Comic Hammerhead and Comic Jackal.

15 minutes ago, elhonez said:

This wave is pretty epic! I love Dead Spider-Man! Miles is the odd one out, but I understand his relationship to Prowler helps the 2-pack make sense.

It's funny you mention that. This is the original Prowler, Hobie Brown, who has absolutely no relation to either Miles Morales nor Aaron Davis Prowler. Truly makes his inclusion all the more confusing. Not a complaint, just an observation. 

12 hours ago, MiniFiend UK said:

even though I do want to see how those glasses are attached to the head block.

You don't think it's the same way that Falcon's goggles have worked?  They just slide on.  

This is a neat wave.  Miles is the kind of weak link in an otherwise killer assortment, and even that is kind of cool if you're a big fan of the character.  

4 hours ago, montrossx said:

Great wave!  Looking forward to Spider Slayer the most.  Not expecting it, but would love to see an alternate head for Blackie Drago Vulture.  Love that era...

That would add a lot of value to the figure but I have to think they would have showed that head if it was going to be included.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:39 PM, MisterPL said:

What if Molten Man is intended to be translucent? 

And when is DST going to get around to using fluorescent paints on their Minimates? A fluorescent Molten Man would look great under a blacklight.

I was wondering if Molten  Man will be translucent myself. I figure the water pieces on Hydro Man will be and I figure the flame pieces will be translucent but my thoughts drifted to using an extra Molten Man parts for a body for an Elixir custom if the parts are actually gold.

59 minutes ago, youbastards said:

Spider-Ham would have made as much sense as Homemade Suit Miles, just sayin...(but not from a tooling perspective, I know, I know....)

You had to mention the tooling :no: ...............I just hope that Flame on Johnny Storm    Molten Man  gets the relevant 'stands' etc.

The Miss Piggy Minimate almost set the bar for a Spider-Ham minimate ......although Medicom gave me mine nearly 20 years ago. 

I have my reservations* about this wave but all in all ...gripe or two aside....great . 

* I had grave concerns about the new Black Spidey :whistling: 

Bring on a "Here lies Eddie Brock "  Minimate (Sensational S-M #380)  :thumbsup:

Can nobody at DST  see that a slight tweek to the knee mouldings would actually seal the most perfect Minimate ever produced ?  Check out the cover .

Edited by buttheadsmate
sp.

On 1/23/2019 at 5:39 PM, MisterPL said:

What if Molten Man is intended to be translucent? 

I hope not. Looking back on the translucent Torch from the FF series (was that 48?) It's kind of hard to make out details. Maybe the flame attachments could work? To be honest though, I plan on losing those the minute I open the pack.