UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 77

Dave

3 minutes ago, Smashmaster12 said:

This is the perfect wave to go with Luke's box set from awhile back. Is the Spider-Slayer supposed to be Jameson or something? Looks an awful lot like him

Yep, it's Jameson
latest?cb=20171229062524

Edited by Donny B
switched to a different/better image

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Spidey comes with legs, I just thought it was cool to show off the grave.

Everyone understands why we included Mysterio, I'm sure. 

Cool indeed. Got to say from first glance you guys knocked the accessoriesout of the park with this wave.

Hmmmmmm, perhaps a timely promotional choice for that small time, low budget action film to be released later this year?

Edited by OvenproofBug6

I certainly don't need another mysterio or thay God awful miles, but the rest of the wave is bangers. I was just looking at my zombie vulture kitbash yesterday wondering if I could repaint part of it or not, problem solved! Hydroman looks great, as does prowler! But dammit I still want a superior foes Boomerang! 

Sweeet Hydro-Man is one of the few minimates (that i want) that im missing. That and the Powler pack will probably be the only 2 i pick up, but they'll make nice additions!

And maaaaybe Kraven. Thats a pretty nice update, whereas Mysterio and Vulture look very similar to their previous mates.

I think my Deadly Foes of Spider-Man are going to need their own display at this point.

Edited by CortherX

4 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Unless we're not getting a movie Mysterio from the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home flick, I see no reason to include yet another comic-based version, especially when specialty just got one eleven years ago.

I was a fan of the TRU update from a few years back, but it was just a repaint of the original sculpt. This new one has a whole new cape/helmet piece that looks likely to give his arms more clearance for a greater range of motion

Prowler and Molten Man, hurrah! That Spider Slayer looks pretty cool too, can't wait to see the whole thing.

The updated figures look good, I really like the hair choice for Hydro-Man.

As someone that prefers yellow over gold for minimates (yes, even on the golden avenger) it's not bothering me with Molten Man. I thought it would but I like my first look at that figure. ?

I'm definitely down for the Molten Man and Prowler packs. Not sure if I'll buy the rest as I already have versions I'm happy with. Guess it'll come down to how bad I want the Spider Slayer vs buying packs I don't need to get him.

Regardless, it is a great looking wave. Nice job DST.

4 minutes ago, Ronan The Accuser said:

As someone that prefers yellow over gold for minimates (yes, even on the golden avenger) it's not bothering me with Molten Man. I thought it would but I like my first look at that figure. ?

What if Molten Man is intended to be translucent? 

And when is DST going to get around to using fluorescent paints on their Minimates? A fluorescent Molten Man would look great under a blacklight.

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

I certainly don't need another mysterio or thay God awful miles, but the rest of the wave is bangers. I was just looking at my zombie vulture kitbash yesterday wondering if I could repaint part of it or not, problem solved! Hydroman looks great, as does prowler! But dammit I still want a superior foes Boomerang! 

Lol! I just got my bald head that is was going to use for Vulture from Luke this MORNING! 

2 hours ago, Donny B said:

This new one has a whole new cape/helmet piece that looks likely to give his arms more clearance for a greater range of motion

Hopefully the new cape has those markings like the old figure, those look sick!

Loved prowler, so much better than I ever asked for! And I dreamt of that hydro man with hydro arms for so long after looking at an action figure a while back! Glad it came out! Spiderslayer seems new to me though, well till next time, silver sable and tombstone ?

Have to applaud DST for some creativity with that Spider-Man. That Miles is a horrible costume design and I'm a little disappointed DST chose it. Mysterio seems like a waste though I suppose he'll be better than the Carnage in wave 76 as far as being a repeat. Prowler, Molten Man, Kraven, and Hydro-Man look good and there seems to be just enough new parts to not feel like the characters got shorted. Vulture is a little boring being so much like the first but that one was so close to perfect that I guess there's not much to do if they fix the colors and plastic. I'll have to wait for a better picture of the Spider-Slayer.