wave 77

Dave

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I kind of really want @DSTZach to just post a completely ridiculous "announcement" where it's literally just 30 or so "Redacted"s with a few "and"s & "with"s peppered throughout, and nothing about Marvel or Minimates or anything even slightly more specific. :lol: 

Can't get in trouble for a paragraph of nothing but the word "Redacted."

8 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Animated Series 10 should be out by Spring, and I would think we'd have a movie wave out for Cap Marvel before the movie hits.  

It's not DST's shipping that concerns me, it's Walgreens distribution.  Wave 9 still hasn't hit the Midwest.  All the eBay listings are east or west coast.

7 hours ago, Turtle said:

Wait, what?  What is this?  I've got like a million Rocket Raccoons it seems, but I didn't even know this Adam Warlock was on the horizon. Walgreens series 10?  

Yeah, it's Walgreens series 10.  These two, Dr. Strange & Ghost Rider, Crimson Widow & Dracula, and Hammerhead & Venom.

5 hours ago, nandoninny said:

what part of the country are you in?

I'm in MD, but I actually found a whole set of 10 about a month ago during a day trip to Delaware

Distribution has been weird for these waves. In NYC, IW1 and the animated waves were fine (excluding Hyperion) but then IW2 came out but we were clogged with Thor and Black Panther so I didn’t see a restock of IW2 for almost 6 months. Wave 8/9 came out right on time but then 9 disappeared for a bit whilst 7 miraculously came back in. 8 came back and has been sat on the stores. I found BC in New Jersey (but then lost the loose  figures in my bag). I didn’t see BC again until I bought the set of wave 8 at my local store and donated them to toys for tots. 

Why this matters? There are over 200 stores in Manhattan Area (Duane Reade and Walgreens) so I easily hit 20/30 stores walking around in an afternoon. Most Friday’s I start work early and finish by 2 pm. It could just be a flaw in the distribution map as these are all in the same district but it does give me a weird perception of what is selling and I think that wave 9 is out just selling really really well on the east but waves 7/8 didn’t which is what’s blocking 9. I have no idea what happened to IW2 but I’m about to give up.

• 3 weeks later...