UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 77

Dave

Not really thrilled at the prospects of a Spiderverse boxset. What would we get? Another spiderman, miles, gwen and one new character like Prowler or Spider-ham. 

All the villains are extra large w extreme designs. I doubt they translate easily to minimate form.

Do I want a Prowler and Spider-ham minimate? Hell yea! But I don’t want to spend $25 for just one.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, elhonez said:

Could it be a Deadpool 2 box set?

Or maybe a Once Upon specific one. We get Deadpool and Domino and Cable but the fourth is Fred Savage. 

Either that or it is just Deadpool 2 and the fourth is Firefist. 

Too bad we won’t get a Juggernaut. 

Given what DST did with Ant-Man and this boxset being solicited in December (for a feb release), seems to me the likely option is Captain Marvel.  Further, I bet it would be followed by a small assortment as a Walgreens exclusive (ala Black Panther), with something like three new figures just to ensure maximum impact and maximum complaints from the board (Kidding, I love you guys!).  Plus, the PG13 Deadpool is only running the 12 days before christmas and would be a something of a gamble PLUS by the time the set came out Spider-Verse would already be passe'.  

Or at least, this is what I hope because I hate those movie waves taking up valuable slots that could be reserved for awesome comic waves.

5 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

Given what DST did with Ant-Man and this boxset being solicited in December (for a feb release), seems to me the likely option is Captain Marvel.  Further, I bet it would be followed by a small assortment as a Walgreens exclusive (ala Black Panther), with something like three new figures just to ensure maximum impact and maximum complaints from the board (Kidding, I love you guys!).  Plus, the PG13 Deadpool is only running the 12 days before christmas and would be a something of a gamble PLUS by the time the set came out Spider-Verse would already be passe'.  

Or at least, this is what I hope because I hate those movie waves taking up valuable slots that could be reserved for awesome comic waves.

This seems like the most plausible scenario, though, I'm unsure that we will actually get a wave with the box set, much like Ant-Man and Ant-Man and the Wasp, in the eyes of DST the main characters may be able to fit in a single box set.

My guess: Captain Marvel, Talos, Mar-Vell, Doctor Minerva or Korath (assuming DST is focused on not giving us repeat characters, if not: one of those spots could be replaced by Nick Fury). Phil Coulson is also slated to appear in the movie, so that's also a possibility, and MCU Coulson has definitely been a minimate that people on the multiverse have been asking for, for a while.

Yeah I think it’s Captain Marvel boxset as the movie release is coming and they can cover some shared characters in Infinity War 2. We’ve had an McU Coulson and Fury so hoping they get skipped but I really don’t want to army build with a 4 pack... again... shout out to space suit Wolvie.

I understand the hesitation on the part of small retailers to share figures with a big-box competitor but now that TRU is out of the picture, I don't see the harm in offering full movie assortments to specialty again.

Unless, of course, Walgreens is getting a full assortment of Captain Marvel Minimates.

I was not involved in the decision, but I believe we shifted to box sets for specialty movie releases because it is easier for a small retailer to order a couple of box sets than commit to a case with three to four sets of two-packs in it. And larger online retailers  prefer to have individual skus rather than an assortment, as that is how most will sell them. And the movie MM do better across the board, so making it easier for retailers to order them gives them room to reach their full potential. There is also the added side effect of being able to offer something to specialty without HAVING to duplicate mass releases to fill out a wave, although we still can for the key characters. 

To help comic waves, we tried the BAF tactic, something we would probably not be able to do with movie assts. It continues the lower price point product offering, helps with sell-through, and also allows us to keep our numbering. And there is no longer anyone to overlap with.