UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 77

Dave

40 minutes ago, Prowlar said:

As much as I want Nightwatch I think Cardiac is more likely considering Sony is considering a Nightwatch movie and a Comic Nightwatch/Spider-Man wave would make more sense when and if that happens.

A Nightwatch movie?

1. God they’re getting desperate

2. The hell is a Nightwatch?

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

Nightwatch is the one that looks unapologetically like Spawn right?

Yes, Nightwatch is definitely Spawn. And if Sony is thinking about putting him in a movie those suits are doing a lot of drugs even by Hollywood standards.

The symbiote suit was drawn with those weird eyes in it's last appearance. I can't imagine why someone thought that was a good idea, why would you mess with a perfect costume?

Has anyone suggested Scorpion? I know he was recently made in one of the Animated Waves but it's been a long time since we got the classic version.

Edited by PrinceCuseCuse

Do we know for sure this is a spidey wave? Id so love it to be. Because Molten Man and the Harry Osborn Green Goblin could both work as villians turned allies. 

A classic first appearance Scorpion would be cool. Deathlok would be neat as well. I liked the old toy biz Deathlok. I'd like to see a minimate version soon. 

As for other possibilities for wave 77, maybe an Avengers comic version since its 700th issue is comin out soon. Maybe someone like classic Swordsman or the Collector. Or maybe a classic Iron Man wave with Iron Monger or Ghost. 

Since Spidergeddon is happenin, id love to see a wave with the alternate Spideys and the Inheritors. But that probably wont work since wave 77 is mostly classic characters.

Edited by spidermatt

11 hours ago, spidermatt said:

Do we know for sure this is a spidey wave? Id so love it to be. Because Molten Man and the Harry Osborn Green Goblin could both work as villians turned allies. 

A classic first appearance Scorpion would be cool. Deathlok would be neat as well. I liked the old toy biz Deathlok. I'd like to see a minimate version soon. 

As for other possibilities for wave 77, maybe an Avengers comic version since its 700th issue is comin out soon. Maybe someone like classic Swordsman or the Collector. Or maybe a classic Iron Man wave with Iron Monger or Ghost. 

Since Spidergeddon is happenin, id love to see a wave with the alternate Spideys and the Inheritors. But that probably wont work since wave 77 is mostly classic characters.

I think we are locked into a Spider-Man wave since the clue about the ToyFare (RIP) exclusive directs us toward one answer: Molten Man. Since he’s predominantly associates with the Avenger Spider-Man maybe that is the plot twist but I doubt it. I am of the hive mind that it’s the Superior Foes turn at bat.

I looked up toyfare exclusive characters and saw Daredevil, Bullseye, Havoc, Shadow Cat, Wonder Man, Union Jack, Age of Apocalypse Morph, Molten Man and Earth X Venom. It seems we have all these characters made except Molten Man and Earth X Venom. I would love to see Earth X mates but somehow i dont think we will get an Earth X wave at any time soon. Soooooo, im inclined to think like everyone that Molten Man is the way to go. So bring on more Spidey characters! A young Vulture would kinda be cool. But Silvermane would be the bees knees! Prowler, Rocket Racer, Slyde, Chance and the Black Fox would be way awesome before a younger version of the Vulture.

Of the other toyfare exclusives that could one day get updates, I'd like to see an ion version of Wonder Man and a modern Union Jack.

On 10/26/2018 at 9:51 AM, hellpop said:

My only real familiarity with Nightwatch is Charlie Soule's She-Hulk series, which used him very effectively.

i enjoyed that series and my comic book nerdiness compels me to make sure you know about Gwenpool Special #1from 3 years ago.  it acts as the unofficial last issue of that she-hulk series.

22 hours ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

Am I about to hear some more clamoring for Gen X 'mates...because I'm down (and ready to fully ingore the very obvious clues that this is a Spidey C-level villain focused wave).

I've been down but the thing is that Zach mentioned it is an all male wave and also that it sooner than people expected to revist a theme/wave.so.... Not going to be Gen X sadly.

2 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I've been down but the thing is that Zach mentioned it is an all male wave and also that it sooner than people expected to revist a theme/wave.so.... Not going to be Gen X sadly.

Hence me completely ignoring those things in hope of getting some more mutant 'mates. The last minimates revealed that I've actually been excited about were the Cyclops and Rogue pack. And to find this wave is another Spiderman wave; I'm just whelmed, but glad to see a lot of others are excited for more new Spidey villains.

10 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I con't confirm or deny anything, but I would not call the line-up C-list. 

Not Generation X, sadly, although that would be cool if it had ANY kind of modern tie-in. I'd love to see our Skin parts. ...That came out wrong.

That's fair if the updates are like Vulture, Scorpion or Kraven. Molten man isn't exactly what I'd called a higher tier villain though.

Edit: Also, Gen X did make a brief appearance in X-Men Blue. There was also a Generation X title as part of the ResurrXion banner; though I don't think any of the characters on the original team are a part of that title (and I don't think it has done all that well?)

Edited by OvenproofBug6