UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 77

Dave

16 hours ago, Freaqualizer said:

I really would like more Daredevil folks. Ikari, the Owl, Melvin Potter, Blindspot, Typhoid Mary, Mister Fear, Muse. More Daredevil, please!

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.  I'd take all of those and more!  Give me a Jester, Mr. Hyde, Cobra, Nuke, Bushwacker, Doppleganger Daredevil, you name it, I'm here for it!

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, elhonez said:

Alright! Time for hints!

Maybe?

Bueller?

Because you made a Ferris Bueller reference... 

It's a themed wave, with a BAF. Theme is one we've used recently, so people may be surprised to see it again so soon. BUT it's a completely different set of characters than that wave (except one).

So:

Two very recently made characters (one new costume, one costume that hasn't been made in a while)

One character made in the past few years.

Three characters long overdue for a remake (8, 10 and 11 years!). 

Three unmade characters (counting the BAF) -- I actually didn't know we hadn't made one of them, and another is a personal favorite, from reading old comics and from an old ToyFare exclusive figure

Could be Wolverine, Classic Avengers, Defenders, or maybe that wave with the X-Men and Brotherhood members.

Those are the most recent themed waves that didn't correspond with a Marvel event.

Maybe an older version of the Defenders and Ghost Rider is the character shared? He was on the team once.

Strange could be the Recently Made character since he was in the movie.

ToyFare exclusive that's un-made... Havok, Morph, Yellow DD, Wonder Man, Feral, Shadowcat, Guardian, Bullseye, Union Jack, and Firestar have all been made before.  Multiple Man's been done, but in a different costume.  It looks like the only two that haven't seen any sort of release are Synch and Earth X Venom?  Not so sure how well either of them fits with the "recently used theme" hint, though, since Generation X and Earth X have yet to be touched.  Maybe I missed someone?

EDIT: I Did miss someone--Molten Man.  He's not had a figure, and could fit with a Spider-themed wave

Edited by Glantern

HMMM....

Thanks for the hints Zach!

• I am zeroing in on "...an old ToyFare exclusive figure." There weren't many that haven't been made, in some format. I think that list would only include Sync and Molten Man.
  • Barring an error in recollection on Zach's part, I think a safe bet would be Molten Man. Recent theme - Spider-Man? It could work. And as I type this I see Glantern was already all over this line of thinking.

There's lots still to mine in the Spider-verse, so I'd be hopeful for any number of characters to take up the two remaining "new character" slots.

I am assuming that the two recently done, the third semi-recently, and the three long overdue do not overlap? That means: six from recent-to-overdue, plus three brand new characters (incl. BAF).

What If... this were some variant of "Spider-Man vs. Sinister Syndicate" ?

• Hydro-Man (long overdue re-do, 11yrs)
  • Shocker (long overdue re-do, 10yrs)
  • Rhino (long overdue re-do, 6yrs, OK this doesn't fit lol)
  • Speed Demon (recent new costume? technically different than animated)
  • Beetle (never done)
  • Molten Man (never done, ToyFare)
  • Boomerang (never done)
  • Spider-Man (symbiote, recently made, this costume not done for a while)

BAF - one of these, or anyone's guess!

From the same era, Tombstone is also "never done," and Green Goblin could be one of the re-dos (from a cursory search for comics in which Molten Man appears).

Edited by elhonez

The possibility/recency of "Greatest Stories" does keep this open quite a bit. Spidey wasn't in that, so Molten Man could easily be in a one-off Spidey two-pack, and there'd still be three hero slots with room for one dupe from GS 1.0, likely Hulk, Logan, or Cap.

But who would the BAF be?

I'd have to agree that Spider-Man seems most likely, with Molten Man and Hydro-Man as pretty much locks.

I'm less sure about the updates from 8 and 10 years ago - it seems like the only ones that would fit are Menace and Tarantula, and they don't seem like high priorities for redos. If comic and movie versions don't count, it could be Shocker or Kraven for 10, which would make a lot more sense.

One of the recently made characters could be a new Spidey variant, and would also be the overlap character for wave 76. The other could be Ben Reilly Spider-Man, who was in TRU 24 as Scarlet Spider, and hasn't been made in that costume in a while.

I'd rather not get another Spider-Man wave so quickly, but if Abe Jenkins Beetle is one of the unmade characters I'll be happy.

7 hours ago, Glantern said:

ToyFare exclusive that's un-made... Havok, Morph, Yellow DD, Wonder Man, Feral, Shadowcat, Guardian, Bullseye, Union Jack, and Firestar have all been made before.  Multiple Man's been done, but in a different costume.  It looks like the only two that haven't seen any sort of release are Synch and Earth X Venom?  Not so sure how well either of them fits with the "recently used theme" hint, though, since Generation X and Earth X have yet to be touched.  Maybe I missed someone?

EDIT: I Did miss someone--Molten Man.  He's not had a figure, and could fit with a Spider-themed wave

The Toyfare Exclusives were my favourite part of the magazine. I remember using the clear version of the Invisible Woman a  Kitty Pryde whilst I waited for the figure to come in. Glantern assembled the list that I remember although I'd count Venom as a made figure.  It's got to be Molten Men although I am so sad about Fantastic Four She-Hulk or Multiple Man and Sync not being on the table. 

9 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Because you made a Ferris Bueller reference... 

It's a themed wave, with a BAF. Theme is one we've used recently, so people may be surprised to see it again so soon. BUT it's a completely different set of characters than that wave (except one).

So:

Two very recently made characters (one new costume, one costume that hasn't been made in a while)

One character made in the past few years.

Three characters long overdue for a remake (8, 10 and 11 years!). 

Three unmade characters (counting the BAF) -- I actually didn't know we hadn't made one of them, and another is a personal favorite, from reading old comics and from an old ToyFare exclusive figure

Spider-Man wave for sure.

- Spider-Man PS4 Costume (recent character with new costume)

-  Scorpion (classic redo needed, made recently at Walgreens)

- Kraven (Needed redo from 2008)

- Shocker (past few years - Homecoming)

- Vulture (long overdue from Friends and Foes in 2010, costume hasn't been made in a while)

- Puma (unmade)

- Molten Man (unmade and Toyfare EX)

- Tombstone BAF (unmade)

- Hydro-Man (2007 - long overdue)

7 hours ago, youbastards said:

Spider-Man wave for sure.

- Spider-Man PS4 Costume (recent character with new costume)

-  Scorpion (classic redo needed, made recently at Walgreens)

- Kraven (Needed redo from 2008)

- Shocker (past few years - Homecoming)

- Vulture (long overdue from Friends and Foes in 2010, costume hasn't been made in a while)

- Puma (unmade)

- Molten Man (unmade and Toyfare EX)

- Tombstone BAF (unmade)

- Hydro-Man (2007 - long overdue)

That would indeed make  for a good wave ,especially as it would be one that you could actually buy .

I'm lucky enough to have all of the previously made characters & if we are to see new versions I hope to see Scorpion a little more sleeker in the back-pack dept. , Shocker a little sleeker in the head dept. (2 heads please) ,Hydroman with water-spout/water -effect etc. attachments (most likely BAF ), & Vulture .....I prefer the current Zombie version's green .

Kraven ? The original's not perfect (nigh on) but 'that' vest is (in Minimate terms) iconic & although it needs some fur ...fur enough .....give him some fur but let's not lose that 'lion' .

I'm not exactly sticking my neck out but there maybe something sinister about this wave.