UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How are vinimates made?

Polarboy

Just wondering in general are vinimates one solid piece? I was thinking about possibly making a few alterations to one but it would help if I could pull it apart but I can't tell if there are any joins. 

Actually, at least on several piece's, the top half is its own hollow piece glued onto a "ridge" around the belt line. Then for some licenses the necks are a large type of ball joint, where others like DC vini's have a round platform on top of the neck that the head is glued onto.

I don't know if the DC ones also have the ball joint as I haven't had to pop one off yet. The arms are glued on, but  on the ones I have messed with I have no types of joints

13 hours ago, arnim zola said:

Actually, at least on several piece's, the top half is its own hollow piece glued onto a "ridge" around the belt line. Then for some licenses the necks are a large type of ball joint, where others like DC vini's have a round platform on top of the neck that the head is glued onto.

I don't know if the DC ones also have the ball joint as I haven't had to pop one off yet. The arms are glued on, but  on the ones I have messed with I have no types of joints

yep, i totally forgot about the mid section, i only own a couple of them and was going by my memory  of  the Kevin smith one that i bought back in the beginning of the line,  with the intention of customizing and never did.

• 1 year later...