UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Polarboy

How are vinimates made?

Just wondering in general are vinimates one solid piece? I was thinking about possibly making a few alterations to one but it would help if I could pull it apart but I can't tell if there are any joins. 

there are Joints at the shoulders and neck,  that are glued, the rest  of the body is one piece

Actually, at least on several piece's, the top half is its own hollow piece glued onto a "ridge" around the belt line. Then for some licenses the necks are a large type of ball joint, where others like DC vini's have a round platform on top of the neck that the head is glued onto.

I don't know if the DC ones also have the ball joint as I haven't had to pop one off yet. The arms are glued on, but  on the ones I have messed with I have no types of joints

13 hours ago, arnim zola said:

Actually, at least on several piece's, the top half is its own hollow piece glued onto a "ridge" around the belt line. Then for some licenses the necks are a large type of ball joint, where others like DC vini's have a round platform on top of the neck that the head is glued onto.

I don't know if the DC ones also have the ball joint as I haven't had to pop one off yet. The arms are glued on, but  on the ones I have messed with I have no types of joints

yep, i totally forgot about the mid section, i only own a couple of them and was going by my memory  of  the Kevin smith one that i bought back in the beginning of the line,  with the intention of customizing and never did.