Yanny Vs Laurel (Audio Clip)

Yanny Vs Laurel (Audio Clip)  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Yanny Vs Laurel (Audio Clip)

• Do You Hear Yanny?
    • Do You Hear Laurel?
    • Do You Hear Something Different?

Posted (edited)

Saw this on the BBC so thought I would see what ppl hear.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

I listened to it on Vox and heard Yanni, then on a different site and heard Lauren, so I don't know what to think.:blink:

Posted (edited)

It's almost like the recording quality and the playback quality make a difference to a listener's subjective interpretation.  Which is just insane.  But I heard yanny early this morning through phone speaker and Laurel through good head phones later.

Edited by Turtle

I have tried very hard to hear "Laurel". I just can't convince myself that is what is coming out of the speakers. It is interpreted by my ears as "Yanny".

1 hour ago, Shanester said:

I have tried very hard to hear "Laurel". I just can't convince myself that is what is coming out of the speakers. It is interpreted by my ears as "Yanny".

Honestly, it's just the opposite for me. I'm trying to figure out how people could hear anything but "Laurel." This is so strange.

Earlier on all I could hear is yanny. just clicked now and hear laurel as clear as a bell. so strange there isn't a trace of yanny. Both are the same audio voice/tone as well.

I only hear Laurel. Does this mean i’m broken? LoL. Everyone else seems to hear Yanni. I’m on an iPhone if that makes a difference.

I watched it a couple of times. I checked other vids, with different pitches, too. All I can hear is...

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)

I did the same as a lot of you... different vids, different pitches, several different devices and speaker options including earbuds. And as hard as I try to hear Yanni, all I can ever hear is Laurel. Even in the vids where people break it all down with eq software and separate the wavelengths...

41260101025_e56cd00601_b.jpg

Edited by Donny B
edited because memes

Sounds like Laurel to me. It sounds nothing like Yanni. I will listen to it later and see if it changes as some have said.

The legal ramifications of this could be staggering.

"I said 'no!'"

"But I heard 'yes!'"

#metoo

Isn't it meant to be something to do with the quality of the speakers and if your picking up the high or low wave frequencies