UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

RIP Margot KIdder

For some of us, older minimate fans Superhero movies and TV series were few and far between. So when they happened it was a great thing. So if Christopher Reeve made us believe a man could fly, she was the lady that made him turn back time.

The falling person catch from the helicopter for me should be classed as one of the iconic pieces of cinema

An absolute legend on the screen as the ballsiest reporter in Metropolis. 
Her openness about her mental illness and advocacy for others suffering with the disease makes her a much bigger hero than anyone she's shared the screen with.

'You've got me? Who's got you?!?' 

RIP

For me, no superhero movie is as perfect as Superman. Devious villain, a hero that heroes strive to be, a great challenge, and, of course, a woman whose tenacity and fire puts her in the worst places. A woman worth changing the course of history for. 

Margot Kidder was an icon. The Lois Lane that the greatest superhero film of all time had to have to make the equation work. 69 is far too young. Lois would’ve been so mad to die so early. So I can’t imagine how the equally feisty Margot felt right then. 

That first interview with Superman is one of my favorite scenes in the whole film.

I grew up with Noel Neill's Lois on The Adventures of Superman but there was something undeniably special about Kidder's. It must have been that onscreen chemistry between her and Reeve. An abbreviated end to a remarkable legacy.

Edited by MisterPL