UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War **SPOILERS**

THE_CRIPPLER

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I didn't like it as much as everyone else seems to have liked it, but it was a fun movie.

Keeping the original Avengers around makes sense, but I'm more curious as to why War Machine, Rocket, and Nebula weren't turned to dust.

Plus, while War Machine wasn’t in the first Avengers movie, he has been there since the beginning. As for the other two, I guess they just couldn’t kill all the Guardians and Gamora was already dead so now Thanos only has one daughter. 

1 hour ago, MrClean said:

For practicality, well, Nebula is still there because presumably Tony will need someone to pilot the Guardians ship back to Earth(it should still be on Titan), plus she may have a bigger part if the original comic mini series is any indication. Rocket is their intergalactic space-tech connection and not to be too blunt, but killing War Machine and Black Panther would not be too PC.

That makes sense, I suppose.

And didn't Black Panther die in the snap? I guess I could be misremembering.

Yeah, Black Panther bit the dust.

I overall thought it was a solid movie, probably one of the best in the MCU.  I get that Tony Stark is the star of the MCU, but I think that it's kind of lame that he has had zero character development since Iron Man 1.  The douche-off with Dr. Strange was fun though.  Thor's journey has really taken an interesting turn, but I'm curious about what happened to everyone else there- Valkyrie, Korg, Miek, and about half of the remaining Asgardian population.  Thor did mention that half his people died in the attack, but then he also goes on about having nothing left.  Banner/Hulk had an interesting development.  Hulk is a scaredy cat when he gets beat!

Re Gamora: out of all of the pre-Infinity Gauntlet dusty deaths, hers is the one that I think will not stick, mostly because we saw her after that, even if in a different form.  My thinking: She's not dead.  A soul for a soul.  I think that her soul is literally in/powering the soul stone.  

Some clients were just in my office, and one had a pretty good idea: After the dusted heroes come back, everything looks nice and normal.  Then... Secret Invasion!  He thinks the dead heroes might come back only to be later revealed as skrull-type impostors.  Fun, rampant speculation.

I've seen that criticism of Stark before and I don't get it. His personality is the same, which is true for all of the characters, but he's been more affected than anyone by the events in the movies. If you compare Tony at the beginning of Infinity War to Tony at the beginning of Iron Man 2 he's definitely a different guy, he's just still kind of a jerk that's really quick with a funny quip. That's not going to change because that's what most of the audience loves about this character.

I'd be really surprised if Gamora isn't in the soul stone in some form. That's not a guarantee she'll be resurrected, I think it's likely though.

I've seen people discuss various scenarios for Secret Invasion and even before seeing this movie I couldn't see how they could do it without cheapening the sacrifices of various characters. Maybe Captain Marvel will set up a way to make that work.

I think the last movie will be the last hurrah for the original Avengers and at least one of them will die. Also, Cap better get his shield back.

Maybe Gamora will take the place of Mephisto in this. She's constantly haunting Thanos through his entire plan.

Or she'll end up the master of the stone like Adam Warlock. But frankly I think it's far more likely that all the stones will be destroyed at the end of this. We've established they can be shattered so I think that's where that is going.

I don't see why the MCU would be rebooted any time soon. Guardians of the Galaxy and Black Panther have shown that Marvel movies don't need the big four to be massively successful, and if the Fox deal goes through they'll have two new major groups to draw popular characters from. I'd be fine with, say, Bucky becoming Cap when Evans has had enough, but a reboot seems completely unnecessary.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

On 4/28/2018 at 10:35 PM, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Some people are comparing it to Empire Strikes Back due to the tone of the film, and I kinda agree with that. That was a pretty dark ending,

So did Dr. Strange inform Stark of the one scenario on how to beat Thanos before he died? I am going to assume so. I am just wondering who is all going to be in the Captain Marvel movie now? I was expecting to see cameos from the Guardians of the Galaxy, but that isn't going to happen now. Maybe Nova and Adam Warlock?

Pretty sure the Captain Marvel movie will be set in the 90's and feature Ronan as the lead villain. So, it won't tie directly into this film. But she will, no doubt, appear in Avengers 4.
Adam Warlock is meant to be the protagonist in the next GOTG film, if i remember correctly? 

On 4/28/2018 at 11:04 PM, stack32 said:

That post-credits scene could have used some explanation, I'm guessing a LOT of the audience is going to be completely confused.

It was one for the fans. It's nice that the movies aren't spoon-feeding audiences too much and give little nods to the comic readers.

Saw this on the weekend. It was a lot of fighting. a LOT. Maybe too much?
But, I have to say that the pacing felt pretty good. I didn't feel like I was stuck in my seat for over 2.5 hours.
I was most satisfied with the ending. It felt like the only way they could end the film and not have it feel like a cheap 'team work wins the day' after 2 solid hours of defeat. I think it's the smart choice from the directors and will create the emotional gravity needed for whatever the next film ends up being. 
I thought the keeper of the soul stone was a really nice touch.
I'm curious to see how it will play a second time. I'm not convinced that the pacing will fly quite as well once I know what is happening, but I'll def see it again at the cinema.

I’m extremely excited to see what they do with Ronan in this. Killing him in Guardians was maybe the biggest mistake of the MCU thus far. He’s got such a rich and interesting history and an incredible actor so I’m very happy to see he’ll have a second chance to be a good character. 

I almost wish we weren’t getting the Skrulls just somthe Kree could be the main antagonists. I feel like that would just make the whole universe seem a lot more well rounded. I don’t think it makes sense to show a race that was previously seen as empirical terrorists as the pseudo-Protagonists.