UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Storyline themed holy grail

thereasonsy

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chazwinski said:

Maybe Asgardian Wars or the X-Men annual with the New Mutants in their graduation costumes?  Yeah, I'm an Arthur Adams fan.

I'd love to see Asgardian Storm. NM Graduation costumes would look awesome, but they really are a 'Holy Grail', aren't they.

I'm going to vaguely say... Operation Zero Tolerance?

It's not that I have any particular love for the story, but I do have a particular love for that era of X-Men, and it's honestly an era that doesn't get much love. I've said it in other wishlist threads, but I'd love to get Marrow, Maggott, Cecelia. Bastion would be cool. A 90's X-Man in his Blue & Yellow attire would be great. I honestly don't remember if Joseph was still around in this story, but I'd love him too. AAAAAAND there's plenty of variants to go around for the more classic X-Men.

Again, it's not the story that really screams at me, it's the fact that I'd like to start filling in X-Men minimates from this era, and this just happened to be one of the bigger stories from said era.

On 4/25/2018 at 9:02 PM, Nessex said:

Would love a Fatal Attractions wave (Let's get Exodus, Acolyte Colossus and Cortez locked in), but it is probably actually within the realms of possibility.

Less likely would be an X-Factor investigations wave. The entire run is one of my favourites from  the post 2000 era, so any story that included the majority of the team would sit well with me. I know we already got Madrox, but maybe they could do an M-faced variant to make him different?
Madrox & Butterfly/Layla
Rictor & Shatterstar
Banshee (Siryn) & Strong Guy
Wolfsbane & Longshot
BAF Darwin.

EDIT: I'd totally take a Ruby Summers / Old Man Cyke 2-pack at TRU as well.

While I support the general idea of this post, I don't want to live in a world where M isn't included in this wave. I'd take her before re-ups of all the characters we have already (Which would be... Madrox, Rictor, Shatterstar, Siryn, Wolfsbane & Longshot. Wow, we have more of these guys than I realized.)

Particularly Madrox, who as you noted, we already got for this era. He's easily the one I'd boot for that reason, though I admit, he's not a smart choice to boot, as both the leader, and a natural army builder.

It's not that I wouldn't appreciate X-Factor versions of all of them, I would... I'd just rather have any version of a new character over a second or third version of an old character. While not ideal, I could live with using the Deadpool Wave Siryn or New Mutants Wolfsbane as a stand-in. And frankly I feel M was a more longstanding core member of this team than Wolfsbane or Darwin. Or even Shatterstar who came later. Though that said, I would love to get a Darwin.

2 hours ago, Gillbob316 said:

It's not that I have any particular love for the story, but I do have a particular love for that era of X-Men, and it's honestly an era that doesn't get much love. I've said it in other wishlist threads, but I'd love to get Marrow, Maggott, Cecelia. Bastion would be cool. A 90's X-Man in his Blue & Yellow attire would be great. I honestly don't remember if Joseph was still around in this story, but I'd love him too. AAAAAAND there's plenty of variants to go around for the more classic X-Men.

Again, it's not the story that really screams at me, it's the fact that I'd like to start filling in X-Men minimates from this era, and this just happened to be one of the bigger stories from said era.

Oh come on, it's so easy to make your own Joseph ?

13 hours ago, Gillbob316 said:

While I support the general idea of this post, I don't want to live in a world where M isn't included in this wave.

Oh no! I totally forgot M!!! M can be packed with comic Hela or young Layla in a Walgreens wave. 

On 4/30/2018 at 1:10 AM, Nessex said:

I'd love to see Asgardian Storm. NM Graduation costumes would look awesome, but they really are a 'Holy Grail', aren't they.

I would be down for this.  The best grad costumes were Magik, Magma and Karma though so I doubt there is enough support for that.  Storm-Thor though I could see easily happening.

I would like them to make the graduation costumes if only for Cannonball, since Art Adams blatantly ripped off Sci-Fi from GI Joe's helmet, and I'd like to make a custom of him.

Asgardian X-Men is a really good idea to get unique new versions of those characters, as well as some missing Asgardians like the Warriors Three.

On 4/30/2018 at 6:36 AM, Gillbob316 said:

i went with OZT on page 2 as well and used 4 of your five. Joseph was still around... in fact i think he'd only recently debuted. I made my own Joseph with a Magneto face, Silver Sable hair, and wave 60s blue and yellow male body. I mean, it might as well be him. I also made Cecilia with a female body Storm head and zombie hair. I would love official versions, tho. I also included Sabra and Iceman, and then Spider-Man and Bone Claw Bandana Wolverine. he's perfect, cuz minimates already don't have noses! i figured they'd be the big names to carry an otherwise pretty C-List wave. I suggested a Prime Sentinle for the BAF, but X-Man would be way better.

8 hours ago, CortherX said:

i went with OZT on page 2 as well and used 4 of your five. Joseph was still around... in fact i think he'd only recently debuted. I made my own Joseph with a Magneto face, Silver Sable hair, and wave 60s blue and yellow male body.

Nitro hair for me!

00.jpg

On 5/7/2018 at 4:55 PM, Ronan The Accuser said:

Here you go lover boy.7B6AFBB4-D77C-4C9F-A896-76D3492D59C7.thumb.jpeg.779786b0e5ff8158bf80b718ec53c7cd.jpeg

I had to explain the thread and the preceding series of posts to my wife just to show her this. Magnificent.

2 hours ago, CortherX said:

i'd take a Goblin Prince

Madelyne_Pryor_(Earth-616)_and_Alexander_Summers_(Earth-616)_from_Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_242_0001.jpg

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

That be an easy pass for me. The outfit is border line too much for a female. But on a male, come on

I think you're safe here. I don't see DST spending the money for a tampo of the Goblin Prince's peener.

• 3 years later...

My top-tier storyline to be adapted would honestly have to be the death of Harry Osborn from Spectacular Spider-Man #200. It's such a seminal moment in Spider-Man's history, and one of his most bittersweet hours (finally saving the soul of his best friend at the cost of losing him). I think a box set would work well for that, consisting of Spider-Man (if not with a slipover mask, then an alt. Peter Parker head), Green Goblin (with alt. Harry Osborn head), '90s Mary Jane Watson-Parker, and maybe a Normie Osborn and/or Liz Allan-Osborn figure? IDK, I think the more civilian figures we get, the better.

I would like to see figures based on Rage of Ultron. That story had a lot of interesting designs for characters (both present-day and flashback ones), but to me, it would be a perfect excuse to give us figures of Giant-Man and Wasp based on their more modern looks (Wasp wearing an updated, yellow version of her 1960s design and Giant-Man wearing his Avengers Academy design). It would also be an excuse to give us, finally, a figure of Starfox, since he had a starring role in the story as well.

Oooo okay so my top wanted storyline is Spider Man Far From Home. 
but like

thats not what this topic is about. 
so in lieu of lost MCU movies I’ll take a beautiful helping of The War of the Realms. Hardest thing will be deciding who doesn’t make it in. But for sure we’d get a comic Malekith. 
Also King in Black please and include Gorr in that wave since he has connections with Knull.