UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Storyline themed holy grail

thereasonsy

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, callsign_morlock said:

i'd love to see a steve rogers as the captain /john walker as captain america wave.  d-man!  nomad!  battlestar!  the griffin from that one issue!  steve rogers in the captain uniform (w/ silver shield). 

Diamondback would be a must.

11 hours ago, MrClean said:

What if?…
… Conan the Barbarian were trapped in the 20th Century?
… Spider-Man joined the Fantastic Four?
… No One was watching the Watcher?
… The Hulk was a Barbarian?
… Venom Had Possessed the Punisher?
… the Avengers Had Fought Evil in the 1950's?

I’m sure there’s more, but I’d love a What If wave of Alternate looks.

Really love this idea.  The What If? series was one of my favorites growing up and often introduced new and different costumes.

4 hours ago, Tommy Wiseau said:

For as much hate as I may get for this: I want the Clone Saga.

The Jackal, Kaine, Spidercide, Judas Traveller, Scrier, Grim Hunter, Seward Trainer. Then we could get an updated Ben Reilly as Spider-man, and include parts to turn him into Spider-Carnage.

Admit it, you know it would be awesome.

Seconded!

I would also like to see:

- Slingers/Identity Crisis

- Webspinners of Spider-Man - primarily for the Spider-Man Unlimited suit that they introduced

- Venom - Separation Anxiety

- X-Men - the late 90's "new" team with Magott, Marrow, etc.

- X-Men - Joe Mad designs, primarily the Shi'ar stories and the Trial of Gambit

- Nightwatch - literally any story that would give me a Nightwatch figure

- Mutants vs Ultras - a long shot, but it would allow for characters like Prime, NightMan, Hardcase, Mantra, Prototype and others to make an appearance

I would suggest a Daredevil Born Again wave... Then again, almost every character involved has been made already. Even Nuke, with Luke's superb custom. At least we would get Murdock in his blue jacket. I'm trying to figure out the best way to kitbash that outfit but the database is down... 

Edited by Minimate

Would love a Fatal Attractions wave (Let's get Exodus, Acolyte Colossus and Cortez locked in), but it is probably actually within the realms of possibility.

Less likely would be an X-Factor investigations wave. The entire run is one of my favourites from  the post 2000 era, so any story that included the majority of the team would sit well with me. I know we already got Madrox, but maybe they could do an M-faced variant to make him different?
Madrox & Butterfly/Layla
Rictor & Shatterstar
Banshee (Siryn) & Strong Guy
Wolfsbane & Longshot
BAF Darwin.

EDIT: I'd totally take a Ruby Summers / Old Man Cyke 2-pack at TRU as well.

Edited by Nessex

4 hours ago, Minimate said:

I would suggest a Daredevil Born Again wave... Then again, almost every character involved has been made already. Even Nuke, with Luke's superb custom. At least we would get Murdock in his blue jacket. I'm trying to figure out the best way to kitbash that outfit but the database is down... 

If they could figure out a way to make a Minimate that looks like David Mazzucchelli drew it I'd be all for this idea.

23 hours ago, Minimate said:

It's a really good story, but it'd be a kinda boring wave or box set. Kingpin, Matt, foggy and Ben are the major players. Karen I suppose. All looking like civilians 

Battle-Damaged Daredevil and Nuke are the only ones I can really think of as being new and viable. Kingpin, I suppose, they could give us the same old one or even a version of it in black (like in Daredevil The Man Without Fear) and Foggy, Karen, Ben and Sister Maggie would be obvious choices but I doubt there's much call for most of them.

Could open it to sneak in some other Miller DD stuff - like Daredevil in the home-made costume from MWF, Stick, a new Bullseye, a white costume Elektra, Death-Stalker, more Hand Ninjas army builders...

On 4/24/2018 at 4:41 PM, Tommy Wiseau said:

For as much hate as I may get for this: I want the Clone Saga.

The Jackal, Kaine, Spidercide, Judas Traveller, Scrier, Grim Hunter, Seward Trainer. Then we could get an updated Ben Reilly as Spider-man, and include parts to turn him into Spider-Carnage.

Admit it, you know it would be awesome.

I was about to say the Clone Saga. It’s been so long, the damage isn’t there anymore, give me a proper Jackal, Kaine and they can populate the wave with whoever else. 

Ok so I think this would be a long shot but man would I love to see the Crossing come out as a line.

the_crossing_2090.jpg

Teen Tony with Scarlet WItch

Thor and Black Widow.

Quicksilver and Crystal

Hawkeye and The Wasp

Build A Figure Kang.

On 4/27/2018 at 5:00 PM, arnim zola said:

Luke just did that comic accurate Nuke, pretty sweet.

I only just found out about Luke's customs... so i missed out on Nuke who i've wanted in Minimate form for a while but with some research I'm even more heartbroken to learn I missed his MOONDRAGON - she's my 2nd most wanted Minimate. ?