UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm actually most interested in the Doctor Strange & Ghost Rider pack, those are two major characters I still need classic versions of. Hopefully it won't be too hard to track down.

BC Avengers are interesting, I wouldn't have expected that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I have to say, this picture tricked me so bad:

71 of 83

Looked at the left side of the picture, and for a second, my heart skipped a beat that we were getting a Gladiator minimate! But then I looked at the others, and realized that's just the side of Dr. Strange. 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would seem so. The BC, Strange and Ghost Rider sets, and Hammerhead all seem to have come from no where...

Like it's been months since we've heard anything regarding sets after wave 76 (out in october) and now here's two new waves boxed and looking ready to hit shelves... Just seems very odd that there's been nearly no info for months and then two Infinity War waves and these that just pop up ready to ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite my lack of interest I have to admit the BC Avengers look good and seem to be very well designed. That's a lot of new parts that don't have much chance of being reused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, stack32 said:

Despite my lack of interest I have to admit the BC Avengers look good and seem to be very well designed. That's a lot of new parts that don't have much chance of being reused.

I agree, I want most of them despite not having interest in the comic. They look great 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really interested in any of the animated or Avengers BC stuff.  I wanted a Hammerhead but that one doesn't look like Hammerhead to me without the oddly shaped head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

It would seem so. The BC, Strange and Ghost Rider sets, and Hammerhead all seem to have come from no where...

Like it's been months since we've heard anything regarding sets after wave 76 (out in october) and now here's two new waves boxed and looking ready to hit shelves... Just seems very odd that there's been nearly no info for months and then two Infinity War waves and these that just pop up ready to ship.

We revealed 76 in advance so we could gather orders from retailers and customers. Walgreens committed to these waves a long time ago, but there was no need to advance promote until they were close to being on sale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, will BC Avengers be an ongoing line? Or a one-off that will continue a third skew of comic mates at Walgreens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is BC a Walgreens Wave? I absent just assumed it was the new comic book specialty wave. They look comic booky. (Is this a Toys R Us wave that got repurposed to Walgreens?). I know literally nothing about this concept or story. These minimates are the first I'm seeing of BC Marvel. Ever. My first reaction was, "What are these 1602?" Clearly I haven't been keeping up on comic book news.

Can someone break down the characters here for me? Some of them are easy to put together (Ghost Rider and Phoenix), but some not so much... big guy looks like Juggernaut, but seems more likely he'd be Hulk, given... niche waves like this tend to stick to headliners. That said he's not green, so I don't know what to think, lol.

Is that Moondragon? Is the Asgardian guy Odin or Thor? And what in god's name is that decidedly non-BC Purple Robot that looks entirely out of place?

Someone break down this wave for me. And this story. lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gillbob316 said:

Is BC a Walgreens Wave? I absent just assumed it was the new comic book specialty wave. They look comic booky. (Is this a Toys R Us wave that got repurposed to Walgreens?). I know literally nothing about this concept or story. These minimates are the first I'm seeing of BC Marvel. Ever. My first reaction was, "What are these 1602?" Clearly I haven't been keeping up on comic book news.

Can someone break down the characters here for me? Some of them are easy to put together (Ghost Rider and Phoenix), but some not so much... big guy looks like Juggernaut, but seems more likely he'd be Hulk, given... niche waves like this tend to stick to headliners. That said he's not green, so I don't know what to think, lol.

Is that Moondragon? Is the Asgardian guy Odin or Thor? And what in god's name is that decidedly non-BC Purple Robot that looks entirely out of place?

Someone break down this wave for me. And this story. lol...

It's an alternate universe story involving a version of the Avengers in 1,000,000 BC...

The main Avengers are here:

0szJZ7l.thumb.jpg.a1d385dec7db0bdb2e103c02761b1aff.jpg

And the big purple robot is a Celestial that they fight in the story.

So basically alternate versions of Thor, Ghost rider, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Phoenix, Hulk, and Panther with a Celestial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am now severely disappointed this wave doesn't include a giant flaming Mammoth.

I realize this is a weird quesiton given they're cavemen... but do these characters have civilian 616 equivalents? Who is this lady Iron Fist? (Or is it just a: Caveman Iron Fist is a lady, go with it!" kinda thing)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Gillbob316 said:

I am now severely disappointed this wave doesn't include a giant flaming Mammoth.

I realize this is a weird quesiton given they're cavemen... but do these characters have civilian 616 equivalents? Who is this lady Iron Fist? (Or is it just a: Caveman Iron Fist is a lady, go with it!" kinda thing)

That.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man if Walgreens commissions 1602 after these BC Avengers I’m gonna be so happy. 

When they bugger up the distribution of both of them I’m gonna be so mad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone at the panel that should be over shortly? Need news and pics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kastor's Korner specifically has photos on his Instagram from the panel. Walgreens will indeed be the home of the Spot wave, and it's now listed as Comics Wave 1, and presumably the BC Avengers is #2. I'd really like to know how that wave came about; that story isn't particularly old, and that wave looks to have lots of new tooling, so they must have really turned it around quick. I'm also surprised that Walgreens would want that wave; it seems like a better fit for comics shops (or even as a con exclusive). Still, I think it's really cool and I hope it sells well. And I also hope that Walgreens will do a better job getting these into stores. One easy thing they could do would be to sell complete waves on their website. While I'm a cherrypicker by nature, I'd buy the whole wave if I knew it would save me the irritation of going to their stores and finding the same old sets each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess that's the nail in the coffin for me, collecting wise. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not sure the wave is better fit for comic shops. I think its the kind of wave comic shops would order and it wouldn't sell enough of, which would mean more shops ordering less and writing off minimates which is already happening.

Comic and specialty need something crazy awesome to grab customers, they've lost sales to years of Tru shared waves. DST needs to figure that out.

Gmonkey, that's what the community is for bud.

 

Edited by arnim zola
Taking away the hammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ummm....so was that it?  TRU wave and BC avengers to Walgreens. Nothing for any other line?  Nothing new for speciality?

all in on a drug store while NECA now has a section in Target to replace their TRU loss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fwoosheyman said:

Ummm....so was that it?  TRU wave and BC avengers to Walgreens. Nothing for any other line?  Nothing new for speciality?

all in on a drug store while NECA now has a section in Target to replace their TRU loss?

Please tell me you're not surprised,  DST is not known for making good choices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comic shops need a complimetary wave to BC so how about: Ka-Zar & Zabu, Savage Land Rogue & Red She-Hulk, Spider-Lizard & Stegron, and Cap Wolf & Black Panther (Shuri) Maybe even toss in parts for an Avengers BC Deadpool BAF. Also while I'm not into the Vinimates if a Deluxe Flaming Ghost Mammoth were to be made I'd have to have one, or three. After all Mammoth travel in herds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some photos taken at the panel confirm TRU wave 26 will now be Walgreens comic wave 1. This will be the first time I look for minimates at Walgreens, just to get Cylops & Rogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...