UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2018

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DST's Instagram account mentioned that they'd been working on Shi'ar Royal Guard/Starjammers minimates. I'm not sure if they meant one character or one assortment, but either way this is new information, isn't it? I'd be happy to see either a Shi'ar X-Men wave or Gladiator mixed in with other characters, maybe for wave 77.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BldpThKhLtA/?taken-by=collectdst

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

2 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

I could totally see it being a Dark Phoenix boxset/wave [A Dark Phoenix, Gladiator, Battle Damaged Cyke, and (If we get really crazy) a Lliandra in a boxset] for the new movie coming out next year.

If it's Starjammers/Royal Guard give me at least one male and one female Shiar for army building (D'Ken and Lilandra?), Gladiator, Deathbird, Fang (with alt Wolverine head), Corsair, Cho'd, and Vulcan. I'll buy at least two full sets and probably 3 or 4 more two packs of the army builders...

I'm not sure they know what they're doing with those Fox movies. Releasing them isn't in the best interest of a studio that would prefer a clean slate. And Fox would probably prefer to write them off rather than spend more money retooling them.

They're better off letting Logan be the swan song for the Fox X-universe and pushing the Deadpool franchise as its unofficial reboot.

Either way, I really don't see it having much of an effect on what DST offers, only when. They'll likely stick to comic-based X-assortments that loosely tie-in to whatever gets released (if it gets released) until shifting to movie 'mates based on MCU versions of the X-Men and FF. That's obviously down the road a bit.

Redesigning the web store is an ongoing process. We know it could look better, but the web team has  other priorities.

The archive can be turned off, but we have it there so people can see what we've done and go look for it. 

Shipping international is not possible. Our warehouse is set up for UPS, which would be ridiculously expensive.

• 11 months later...