UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2018

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was just gonna post that. If I recall, DST often doesn't show new Minimates until after the panel. Let's hope that the Toyark guys just didn't photograph any of the Marvel stuff, because if they don't have any Marvel waves on display that would be troubling.

4 hours ago, hellpop said:

From DST's Twitter:

It's cool that they're keeping the consistent Danger Room backgrounds for the figures. The loose glove holding hand is a very nice detail.

25 minutes ago, SCW said:

Is it me or do the Sonic Minimates look better? They all looked pretty wonky to me when first revealed, but now they look better. Did they modify the heads?

Looks like they are all sculpted head pieces now. I think before they were sculpted hai pieces on a standard head.

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like the same figures 

Edited by Onyx_6

Ah good. They must not have been photographed by Toyark or something. 

I haven’t read the new Avengers comic yet, but the BC concept is cool and those brief glimpses look very nice. Kudos to DST for getting these out there, I hope they sell well. 

Ah good. They must not have been photographed by Toyark or something. 

I haven’t read the new Avengers comic yet, but the BC concept is cool and those brief glimpses look very nice. Kudos to DST for getting these out there, I hope they sell well. 

6 hours ago, Nessex said:

Sneak peak of some upcoming minimates in there.

Animated Avengers Secret Wars
Avengers 1,000,000 BC
Hammerhead! 

Pretty cool! Very excited to never seeing them at any of the stores around me, and then having to buy them for an inflated price online.

Can't wait!

I wish I could say I can't wait, but seeing as how I've yet to see Infinity War wave 2, Animated series 8 or Animated series 9 in any Walgreens, I'm pretty sure the 2 full pegs of older series, currently sitting untouched everywhere, will not have room for multiple comic based or animated lines for a very long time, if ever. That Walgreens exclusive sticker might as well have a big middle finger on it.

9 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

If the BC Avengers are a different UPC/Stock# (they should be) they should be easy to find. Several comic waves later when that same UPC/Stock# is still being used for each wave is when all the trouble will start.

I think the bigger overlying problem is that they just don't have the shelf space. They already take up 2 pegs at most stores. I don't see any other lines with more space than that. It's not a dominant toy brand in a store that's not a toy store. It's a losing recipe either way.