UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Long shots.

Swarm198

Part of me want to say, 

"We have fucking Stilt-Man, there are no long shots."

But the part that wants to play along says Yes Please to Fin Fang Foom, Stegron, Madame Web, Shroud, Shuma Gorath, Frog Man, Jester and Cobra.

Say, that's eight - just enough for a whole wave. ;)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Micronauts too, although Marvel owns some of the characters that appeared in the comic somehow (which is how Bug ended up in the Annihilation-era Guardians of the Galaxy). I'm hoping Hasbro makes a 6" Rom as an SDCC exclusive this year. Last year they made a set GI Joe style figures and included Rom in it, so I think it's a real possibility. They couldn't include him in the Marvel Legends line, but it would make sense to release him in that style and scale in his own packaging for the con.

Luke did make some excellent Rom decals, and I'm hoping that he makes Rom as part of his monthly custom series. But that's likely as close as we are going to get to Rom Minimates. The one that I'm curious about is Miracleman; Marvel has some kind of ownership of the character, but I wonder if it's not full ownership because we haven't seen him in any toys (much less in the comics themselves, outside the reprints). I would think that, if the Miracleman characters were available to toy manufacturers, then we'd at least see Hasbro make some figures (again probably as a con exclusive). Hasbro and DST were able to make Angela, so I'm guessing it's something to do with Miracleman's tangled legal history.

Marvel (or Disney) also owns the Ultraverse and CrossGen characters, though it's doubtful we'll see anything with them. Ultraverse is basically a non-starter, because the original deal that the creators had with Malibu has complicated things (basically, it seems that Marvel doesn't want to compensate them if they use the characters, which, fair enough, they probably aren't worth it). As for CrossGen, they were bought by Disney before they bought Marvel; they did try to revive them a couple years ago but no one was particularly interested. Not that I think there's any possibility of seeing Crossgen are Ultraverse Minimates, but if you are looking for true longshots that are at least theoretically possible, there you go.

I'm starting to think Generation X are my 'longshot' figures.

I'd be all over a line-up that featured the mainstays: Jubilee, M, Husk, Penance, Sync, Skin, Chamber, & Mondo. White Queen & Banshee too. That'd already 10 figures, and doesn't even include any villains or late-comers. I could do without Artie, Leech and Gaia, but Generation X would probably need a couple of villains to battle. Harvest, Orphan Maker and Emplate would both be awesome.  I don't know how they'd make this happen? There's way too many figures for a wave.

8 hours ago, Turtle said:

In IM2, the palms of Justin Hammer's hands are badly stained with self tanner.  A pretty hilarious detail to me.

I just noticed that a few weeks ago. While my family was having our weekly Marvel Movie Marathon in preparation for Infinity War, I pointed out Hammer's hands during his introductory dinner with Whiplash. We couldn't figure out what was going on with his hands. It was SO obvious but we'd never noticed it before.