UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Build-A-Figure Wave Wishlists

youbastards

Ooops - For some reason, I thought I was replying to a Marvel Legends BAF thread. LOL.
If I had taken the time to read the whole thread (at a whopping 1 page), I would have realised that I had already rattled off my ideal X-Factor BAF wave for minimates. 

On 2/26/2018 at 6:18 PM, Nessex said:

Polaris with alt. parts for Val Cooper  & Multiple Man
Strong Guy & Wolfsbane
Havok & Forge
Exodus & Quicksilver
BAF - Random

37 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Same. What's the matter with the previous Hammer figure, besides being harder to get because of the dump case?

It's harder to get because of the dump case.

:blush:

I was just going with the formula of an easy-to-do character that requires no new tooling. It wouldn't need to be a straight reissue, just a second chance for collectors to fill a hole.

That said, if the rest of the assortment happens to require little or no new tooling, that would be a great opportunity to add tooling-intensive characters like Korg, Miek, Kurse, or any of the other Thor characters the fates seem to despise.

I'd generally rather not get assortments for past MCU movies, but if we did, another Justin Hammer would be very low on the list of who I'd like to see.

An Operation: Zero Tolerance wave could be interesting, in the same vein as wave 76, but I can't see it happening without a feral Wolverine.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

This is the BAF thread ......Justin Hammer ???  Once you have a bespectacled head & a hairpiece WTF else do you really need ?  

TBQH I ,personally, am extremely tired of the perennial bland 'civilian' minimate that has been thrust at us each & every time there is a Movie wave .  WTF can even remember who they are?

BAF Justin Hammer is just (IMHO) pointless .

Wave 56 Alistair Smythe is almost identical to Hammer . ......... if you squint.

Man... OZT... what a weird time for comics. Xavier is evil. Xavier's imprisoned. Xavier's missing. Xavier is back and Cerebro is evil and hunting him...

Not to mention the lynchpin of OZT - the X-Men you WANT to read about crashed their Blackbird and now Scott has a bomb on his heart. Here's Marrow!

And if DST wanted to be really clever and encourage multiple purchases, they'd put that Hammer head in a 2-pack with figures that have alternate looks. Because I'm gonna want more than one Justin Hammer and I've already got a few suits laying around. ?

• 3 weeks later...

I think it'd be interesting to have the Marvel Legends take on Build-A-Figure and use unrealistically large figures for the parts. It's a long shot, but I think larger characters could finally get larger depictions this way, rather than needing to fit in the normal packaging.

We've seen what DST can do with the core Minimate body with the Alien Queen, and it's nuts.