UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Build-A-Figure Wave Wishlists

youbastards

Wishlist some Build-A-Figure waves!  The only stipulation to keep in mind is that the 2 Build-A-Figures we've seen so far are both basic humanoids with minimal tooling.

So I'm thinking some waves of decade specific characters would be fun, with packaging designed to represent the era!

70's Marvel

- Power Man / Iron Fist

- Adam Warlock / Magus

- Man-Thing / Living Mummy

- Son of Satan / Hellcat

- BAF Shang Chi

80's Marvel

- Spider-Man (Black suit with purple details) / Kraven the Hunter (sculpted vest, alt. parts for Last Hunt)

- Daredevil (with alt Battle Damaged parts) / Bullseye (with alt Battle Damaged parts)

- Stealth Iron Man / Black Widow (Frank Miller costume)

- Kitty Pryde (X-Men Recruit) / Rogue (1st Appearance)

- BAF Arcade

90's Marvel

- Deathlok / Darkhawk

- X-Force Warpath / Stryfe

- Ghost Rider (Ketch) / Johnny Blaze

- Gambit / Wolverine (Fatal Attractions)

- BAF X-Man

Fantastic Four BAF Wave

- Mister Fantastic (Greatest Hits style with alt Johnny Storm head for body swap) with new stretchy parts tooling / Diablo

- Human Torch (painted, not translucent) / Crystal (classic Inhumans design)

- Sue Richards (costume matches the GH Reed, include the existing swaddled baby sculpt and a new Franklin minifig) / Namor (classic green trunks look with trident, maybe an alt head)

- Thing (all new sculpted head and rocky parts, retire the old molds please) / Silver Surfer (metallic paint, new board sculpt without a foot peg or hole for stand.  Instead, make a new stand that the board slides into that Surfer can also attach to.  I want to be able to display him both on the board or next to the board.)

- BAF Invisible Woman (NOT clear translucent, either a frosted translucent or painted white plastic with detail tampos)

Jarvis, Rick Jones, Micro, Franklin Richards, Pepper Potts, The Watcher, Stick, Dum Dum Dugan, Wong, Happy Hogan, Betty Ross, etc.

I know this is a pipe dream, but I’d totally buy a pack with one figure and one giant BAF piece for Galactus, Sentinels, Fin Fang Foom, etc.

And Marvel Legends gets a Stan Lee BAF. Now I want a minimates one!

Jesus, relax man.  I'm talking about the muscular details, not the Spider-Man logo.

Marvel has used various colors over the years for the detailing on the symbiote suit.  All I'm saying is inevitably we will get another Black Suit Spider-Man because the costume is iconic, especially to the 1980's.  The last comic version of the black costume we got was in Wave 43 (6 years ago in 2012), and it used blue detailing:

fig1372flg.jpg

Sometimes it's grey or white:

10-1.jpg

8-2.jpg

Sometimes it's teal:

21-1.jpg

Usually it's blue:

11-2.jpg

Sometimes it's deep blue/purple:

13-1.jpg

19-1.jpg

25-1.jpg

Next time, educate yourself before you shit post.

Edited by youbastards

I think longtime supporting characters like Jarvis or Moria McTaggert are a good idea; I also like the idea of including minor but key characters from storyline specific waves (like this Syrin woman). And I'd really like to see this as a way to get more villains, particularly older and colorful ones. Here's a story-specific wishlist for you:

Avengers Forever:

Captain America/Hawkeye
Captain Marvel/Songbird
Wasp/Goliath
Yellowjacket/Kang
BAF Immortus

Big fan of this idea if it's letting C-listers and supporting cast get made. Moira has beena  long time want of mine. 
I'd love an X-Factor wave with:

Polaris with alt parts for Val Cooper  & Multiple Man
Strong Guy & Wolsbane
Havok & Forge
Exodus & Quicksilver
BAF - Random

5 hours ago, hellpop said:

I think longtime supporting characters like Jarvis or Moria McTaggert are a good idea; I also like the idea of including minor but key characters from storyline specific waves (like this Syrin woman). And I'd really like to see this as a way to get more villains, particularly older and colorful ones. Here's a story-specific wishlist for you:

Avengers Forever:

Captain America/Hawkeye
Captain Marvel/Songbird
Wasp/Goliath
Yellowjacket/Kang
BAF Immortus

Where do I mail the check?

1 hour ago, Nessex said:

Big fan of this idea if it's letting C-listers and supporting cast get made. Moira has beena  long time want of mine. 
I'd love an X-Factor wave with:

Polaris with alt parts for Val Cooper  & Multiple Man
Strong Guy & Wolsbane
Havok & Forge
Exodus & Quicksilver
BAF - Random

Do you take cards?

Some ideal BaM waves for me:

Under Siege:

Battle Damaged Captain America / Baron Zemo

Hercules / Mr. Hyde

Wasp / Grey Gargoyle

Goliath / Moonstone

BaM: Jarvis

Fantastic Four:

“Lab Ready” Mr. Fantastic / Dragon Man

Johnny Storm / Wizard 

Invisible Woman / She-Thing

Crystal / Karnak 

BaM: Franklin Richards

Hulk:

Professor Hulk / Abomination

Doc Samson / She-Hulk

Joe Fixit (trench coat) / Logan

Namor / Tiger Shark

BaM: Rick Jones 

5 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

An Avengers Forever wave would be great, but I'd want it to have Rick Jones, somehow.

Yeah, it probably should. I know intellectually that he should be the BAF in this wave, but in my heart I dislike the character so much that I just couldn't bring myself to list him.

35 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

Under Siege:

Hercules / Mr. Hyde

Wasp / Grey Gargoyle

Goliath / Moonstone

Fantastic Four:

Johnny Storm / Wizard 

Crystal / Karnak 

Hulk:

Doc Samson / She-Hulk

Namor / Tiger Shark

Actually, Dragon Man would make for an excellent BAF, since it would be hard to fit him into a package otherwise. Bulky characters would be another good BAF use.

BAF stuff has usually been glazed over by DST and I can understand it.  However, I think it could add some fun to collecting.  Certainly, a little more challenge (if we don't have enough already).

While we're still early in the BAF era of minimates I think it's unlikely that we're going to get bulked-up characters. The BAF selections so far have been pretty simple minimates and largely made up of existing parts, that seems likely to be the formula. So, Rick Jones? Yeah, probably. Dragon Man? Probably not. But, hey, I guess DST could surprise me.

9 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Under Siege:

Hercules / Mr. Hyde

Wasp / Grey Gargoyle

Goliath / Moonstone

Fantastic Four:

Johnny Storm / Wizard 

Crystal / Karnak 

Hulk:

Doc Samson / She-Hulk

Namor / Tiger Shark

I see your Franklin and up the anti with a Val Option!

14 hours ago, stack32 said:

While we're still early in the BAF era of minimates I think it's unlikely that we're going to get bulked-up characters. The BAF selections so far have been pretty simple minimates and largely made up of existing parts, that seems likely to be the formula. So, Rick Jones? Yeah, probably. Dragon Man? Probably not. But, hey, I guess DST could surprise me.

It's all about room in the blister and which character would sell more SKUs. A character like Abomination has a higher Q score than Rick Jones plus he's a cooler looking toy. 

I'd love to see DST offer a Wendigo that ends up being close to the height it should be. 

• 2 weeks later...