UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

John Wick

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but it'll be Keanu from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey. Likewise a set of Minimates tying into the upcoming Matrix installment will be based on The Matrix Reloaded. Henceforth, launching a new line of Minimates with the second installment instead of the first or most current installment will be known as The Keanu Effect.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

I thought they were already made....

In order to meet that initial August 2019 release date, yeah, they'd have needed quantities manufactured months earlier. That would mean these were actually cancelled quite some time ago. Otherwise they're sitting on some and they'll show up at Ross or some other lucky online retailer.

But I'm guessing they never got made.

On 3/9/2020 at 5:55 PM, AugieWargo said:

I'd like to think it took so long because they wanted and were really trying to get them out.  Sad whenever a toy line or wave doesn't see the light of day

This.

They were not made. If they were, we would have filled orders, not cancelled them all and sold them to a discount chain.

The discount chain 'theory' ........in this instance.......is a non-starter & I'm fairly confident that MisterPL knew that.   

The discount chain theory isn't a theory here in the UK , since the demise of TRU the final Aliens wave turned up solidly in a UK national chain . 

One Minimate story that I'm not sure of is ....what happened to the Bluntman & Chronic TRU 2-pack ? Was it the weed or the packaging ? 

4 hours ago, DSTZach said:

This.

They were not made. If they were, we would have filled orders, not cancelled them all and sold them to a discount chain.

Well, I appreciated the holding out and try attitude .   Is it sad I'm more upset we aren't getting the dog than the minimates???  Hopefully it'll get used elsewhere. 

On 3/13/2020 at 6:40 PM, buttheadsmate said:

The discount chain 'theory' ........in this instance.......is a non-starter & I'm fairly confident that MisterPL knew that.   

The discount chain theory isn't a theory here in the UK , since the demise of TRU the final Aliens wave turned up solidly in a UK national chain . 

One Minimate story that I'm not sure of is ....what happened to the Bluntman & Chronic TRU 2-pack ? Was it the weed or the packaging ? 

Not sure. I believe it came at a sensitive time.

I've looked through the last couple pages and my understanding is that these are canceled, but I just got an order confirmation on my pre-order (April 2019) from Luke saying that I'd get another email when they shipped. 

What is going on?

Edited by Tribble_WC

46 minutes ago, Tribble_WC said:

I've looked through the last couple pages and my understanding is that these are canceled, but I just got an order confirmation on my pre-order (April 2019) from Luke saying that I'd get another email when they shipped. 

What is going on?

I got the same notice, but I also had multiple items on that order that weren’t preorders. My assumption is that Luke got the official notice that John Wick is cancelled and now he’s shipping out my order since it’s no longer being held up by the (now) cancelled set. I haven’t gotten a notice of a refund but I suspect it’s just a bit delayed

** edit - I just got the refund and an email explaining that the set is cancelled

Edited by Donny B

7 minutes ago, Donny B said:

I got the same notice, but I also had multiple items on that order that weren’t preorders. My assumption is that Luke got the official notice that John Wick is cancelled and now he’s shipping out my order since it’s no longer being held up by the (now) cancelled set. I haven’t gotten a notice of a refund but I suspect it’s just a bit delayed

Yeah, I just got my notice of a refund. 

• 2 weeks later...