UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

John Wick

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/10/2019 at 7:05 PM, MisterPL said:

These would have been produced months ago.

I don't know what the fuck they're thinking. Seems like Lionsgate would have said, "Hey, we have a third movie coming out. You'll probably want to time your product release with the theatrical and/or home video release. Here, have some assets." But no, they approve product based on the second film and DST misses the windows for both releases.

I'm sure there's one factory overseas manufacturing Minimates. Obviously there are a finite amount of resources and time to get out what matters most. Right now that means keeping Walgreens and its 9,000+ stores stocked and making sure that Marvel annual guarantee is met. So John Wick can wait while DST pumps out another round of Endgame 4-packs. 

If these were canceled, DST has certainly taken their sweet time telling comic shops. (But when your parent company is Diamond, so what?)

If they weren't canceled, they may have only made bare minimum quantities. Specialty will hopefully get what they ordered and the rest will go to a discount outlet. Those who preordered get to pay full price at their LCS and everyone else gets the Ross discount.

Or maybe, maybe some marketing genius has convinced The Powers That Be to hang onto those John Wick 2 Minimates until May 2021 when John Wick 4 is scheduled to be released! 

Then there's Amazon which has the set listed for a March 2020 release.

Optimism!

I could not care less about these movies but I want those mates (ok I want the dog) and this has passed ridiculous. 

I don't think it's a mistake, but definitely a danger sign. The reality is that without TRU there just doesn't seem to be enough orders for non-Marvel Minimates to drive them into production. I do wish that DST would start thinking outside the box a bit and maybe try crowdfunding or something; I know that the word "Kickstarter" gives most longtime Minimate collectors nightmares, but if that can be a way to get John Wick, Bruce Lee, and the Rocketeer made then I say go for it.

On 11/22/2019 at 9:09 AM, hellpop said:

I don't think it's a mistake, but definitely a danger sign. The reality is that without TRU there just doesn't seem to be enough orders for non-Marvel Minimates to drive them into production. I do wish that DST would start thinking outside the box a bit and maybe try crowdfunding or something; I know that the word "Kickstarter" gives most longtime Minimate collectors nightmares, but if that can be a way to get John Wick, Bruce Lee, and the Rocketeer made then I say go for it.

This is what I find so aggravating. This line is a much better line than other toys that have amazing distribution and licenses. 

3 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

I think we're still waiting on confirmation that Ghostrider wave 15 is cancelled.

DST is a little weird that way. It's one thing that disappoints me about them.

Now that actually made me laugh out loud. Glad I wasn't drinking anything at the time, well played :)

7 hours ago, MisterPL said:

(Nothing for the ghost to ride, of course.)

That sort of ironic comment of course amuses me but it doesn't disguise the fact that after 15 years (since we first got a Ghost Rider Minimate) & several versions later we have nothing for him to ride .  Forget BAFs let's have a Buildabike which surely would go some way to circumvent this rather odd embargo on Marvel Minimate 'vehicles' ? 

Somebody must have mentioned that Lego's Ghost Rider gets an official bike .........& that will be mooted as the reason why DST perhaps can't have one......but TBQH I don't want a flaming ghost bike that is the proportional length of a Greyhound bus any more than I want 'my' Spider-Man to have a Lego pimple on his head. 

LEGO gets to do the bike because it's not a vehicle. It's a construction set. If DST had the keychain category they could offer the bike as a keychain. 

As I've said repeatedly, I'm content with a stand that looks like his bike just so I can display my Ghost Rider actually riding his bike. No need for rolling wheels.

I doubt anyone has bothered to amend the agreement since it was first laid out by Art Asylum and Toy Biz. Not that it matters since Green Goblin, Silver Surfer, and Professor X all managed to get their "vehicles." We're talking about an accessory to a product, not the product itself.

I'm not even sure whose toes would be getting stepped on since I'm having a real hard time time finding Ghost Rider's bike in the 2" scale.

But, yeah... Minimates-compatible John Wick vehicles would be nice.

I would love to see them do more vehicles even if they were just stands or displays.  I would like to think they haven't been able to do a motorcycle because Playskool has motorcycles for the Marvel Superhero Adventures 2.5"/3" line, but there could be hundred of reasons why they don't.  Probably something to do with cost and demands, but it's hard telling with Diamond Select.   I use the Undertakers bike that came in the C3 line but will likely pick up the Playskool Wolverine Racer to take it's place when I find it in the store because I don't see Minimates getting vehicles anytime soon.

On 11/30/2019 at 5:07 PM, DSTZach said:

It's not a cost issue. And the agreement has changed, for instance with packaging. It just hasn't changed in THAT way. We're happy to be making Minimates at all. 

C3 made a bike? I use Matchbox bikes, there are some good ones out there.

Neato! I bought a lego ghost rider/spiderman set to make a more accurate motorcycle for GR. Its takin me some time to figure it out. Work is still in progress.

I think I've mentioned this before, but the Superhero Squad line made a very nice Ghost Rider motorcycle (plus other bikes and vehicles, like a Quinjet). It's perfectly in scale, though the handlebars are too thick for a Minimate to grip.