UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

John Wick

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ;point was just that lines with many civilians and few colorful characters don't seem to last.

Rocky 3 would have been the best set of the line but we never got there. I'm still sad to have missed Clubber and Thunderlips.

It is my sad theory that the intersection in the Venn diagram of Wick fans and Minimate buyers is too small to take a gamble on. Hopefuyll enough of us will buy this set that they decide to do more later.

Why 2 instead of 1?  Maybe they thought Common and Fishburn would be more popular than whoever would have filled their spots. I'm only in for Wick and Winston and don't care who they round it out with. But i'm less of a fan than many.

PS What would really make the set pop is if there was a tiger! I think we can all agree on that.

Edited by cylonchaney

25 minutes ago, cylonchaney said:

My ;point was just that lines with many civilians and few colorful characters don't seem to last.

Rocky 3 would have been the best set of the line but we never got there. I'm still sad to have missed Clubber and Thunderlips.

It is my sad theory that the intersection in the Venn diagram of Wick fans and Minimate buyers is too small to take a gamble on. Hopefuyll enough of us will buy this set that they decide to do more later.

Why 2 instead of 1?  Maybe they thought Common and Fishburn would be more popular than whoever would have filled their spots. I'm only in for Wick and Winston and don't care who they round it out with. But i'm less of a fan than many.

PS What would really make the set pop is if there was a tiger! I think we can all agree on that.

I bought a set just because there was a DOG. If there was a TIGER?!? I’d buy 3-4.

I haven’t seen these movies. I didn’t realize there was more than one. I literally bought the set for a dog. Now you tell me a flaming motorcycle is potentially on the table?!? I’m in!

• 3 weeks later...

Logo on the package is a franchise logo covering all the films. Not sure we would have been allowed to mix movies in the package, though, so we went with the (relatively) star-studded sequel. And not sure we actually have the license for 3, we signed the deal long before 3 came out. 

On 9/24/2019 at 12:33 PM, DSTZach said:

Logo on the package is a franchise logo covering all the films. Not sure we would have been allowed to mix movies in the package, though, so we went with the (relatively) star-studded sequel. And not sure we actually have the license for 3, we signed the deal long before 3 came out. 

any pics or schedule when these will release 

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

I'm starting to think that John Wick went for drinks with with Bruce Lee, Thunderlips, and Wave 15 Ghost Rider.

None of them are cancelled. Just drunkenly trying to find their way home from the bar.

Dont forget the 80s Turtles too.

I finally got around to watching John Wick Chapter 2.

Not gonna lie; it almost put me to sleep. Great start, compelling ending, utterly forgettable second act. Perfect for napping.

Still not sure why DST started with this flick instead of the one that started it all but, hey, I'm buying it anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

These would have been produced months ago.

I don't know what the fuck they're thinking. Seems like Lionsgate would have said, "Hey, we have a third movie coming out. You'll probably want to time your product release with the theatrical and/or home video release. Here, have some assets." But no, they approve product based on the second film and DST misses the windows for both releases.

I'm sure there's one factory overseas manufacturing Minimates. Obviously there are a finite amount of resources and time to get out what matters most. Right now that means keeping Walgreens and its 9,000+ stores stocked and making sure that Marvel annual guarantee is met. So John Wick can wait while DST pumps out another round of Endgame 4-packs. 

If these were canceled, DST has certainly taken their sweet time telling comic shops. (But when your parent company is Diamond, so what?)

If they weren't canceled, they may have only made bare minimum quantities. Specialty will hopefully get what they ordered and the rest will go to a discount outlet. Those who preordered get to pay full price at their LCS and everyone else gets the Ross discount.

Or maybe, maybe some marketing genius has convinced The Powers That Be to hang onto those John Wick 2 Minimates until May 2021 when John Wick 4 is scheduled to be released! 

Then there's Amazon which has the set listed for a March 2020 release.

Optimism!