UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

John Wick

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I just saw the first film ($7.50 at Target!) and now I’m really wondering why DST started with the second film. Still looking forward to this set but, dang, hopefully the first flick will get some love. 

I mean you get John Wick who is in every movie and Winston who I believe is also in the 1st movie? If they continue with these, quite a few characters cross over from movie to movie, sometimes wearing the exact same or similar clothes

8 hours ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

I mean you get John Wick who is in every movie and Winston who I believe is also in the 1st movie? If they continue with these, quite a few characters cross over from movie to movie, sometimes wearing the exact same or similar clothes

In the overall John Wick timeline it’s been like... A week or two since the first film by the end of the third. 

56 minutes ago, Trekker 42 said:

In the overall John Wick timeline it’s been like... A week or two since the first film by the end of the third. 

Yea, just seems weird to me when John Wick is 

Spoiler

walking through the desert in a full suit

in the 3rd movie

Edited by OvenproofBug6

8 hours ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

Yea, just seems weird to me when John Wick is 

Reveal hidden contents

walking through the desert in a full suit

in the 3rd movie

It’s been a really hard week. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo...do we know if these are still coming out? Considering their absence from Comic-Con it doesn't look good. Pre-apologies if they were there, or it was talked about in the panel and I just missed it.

Edited by hellpop

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 12:36 PM, AugieWargo said:

I was just told by my LCS that these are on the shipping list for next week.  Really looking forward to getting these in my hands.

I didn’t see it listed in Previews Toy Chest News email. 

However, it does list the Bruce Lee Select figure for $150.00, the 1999 Godzilla Vinimate for $80.00, and the Batwoman PVC figure for $9.99 so there may be other oversights. 

5 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I didn’t see it listed in Previews Toy Chest News email. 

However, it does list the Bruce Lee Select figure for $150.00, the 1999 Godzilla Vinimate for $80.00, and the Batwoman PVC figure for $9.99 so there may be other oversights. 

Yeah when I was at the shop last week he looked it up and it was on the "being released next week" list.  When we looked today they didn't have it listed even for next week.  Fingers crossed it isn't cancelled.

2 hours ago, youbastards said:

Consumers want to see confidence in a brand, announcing a boxset for JW1 or JW3 would help solidify sales of JW2.

I would agree with you for something like Marvel with dozens of colorful costumed characters.

Personally, I think it's only got legs for one run and is smart marketing. 

I really want that Ian McShane. They really captured his look well.

10 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

I would agree with you for something like Marvel with dozens of colorful costumed characters.

I would agree with you if we were talking about Marvel. Do you really think John Wick fans give a crap about colorful costumes? That’s some Kenner-era Disco-Assault Batman logic right there. 

Having only seen the first John Wick movie I’m still baffled as to why DST went with a set based on the second movie. Seems like a dumb idea but I’m sure they have their reasons. Either way, I’m looking forward to characters from all the films and in authentic costumes.

If offering an Arctic Camo John Wick is the only way to do that... well, that’s pretty fucking sad.