UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 2018

Onyx_6

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/8/2018 at 6:00 AM, DSTZach said:

We actually may see a couple of old MM properties come back, but we'll see.

I'm wondering if the "old MM properties" that might return are ones whose agreements have lapsed. Terminator seems most likely, despite the next film being pushed to November 2019.

On 4/8/2018 at 7:31 AM, DSTZach said:

NOT DC. And not Trek. And not Walking Dead. Nothing is final, so things may change, but I'm excited about the possibility.

So no more Gotham, Watchmen, or iZombie. :(

DST hasn't lost the license to The Walking Dead, have they?

17 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I'm wondering if the "old MM properties" that might return are ones whose agreements have lapsed. Terminator seems most likely, despite the next film being pushed to November 2019.

I think by DC Zach meant DC Comics not the TV shows. Remember the TV shows are a separate license from the comics properties.

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I get that but they're still DC properties. I might feel better about it if new 'mates for any one of those properties were shown.

Preach my truth.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 12:23 PM, MisterPL said:

I believe Gotham, Watchmen and iZombie are still active licenses, in that we still technically have them, or only recently lost them, but no more MM are currently planned, no. 

Walking Dead license is, I believe, done, no plans to revisit that I know of, but never say never. 

The two licenses I meant were ones we actually no longer had, and you had not seen MM or any product for some time. I do not know for SURE that both will involve MM once again, but I believe that it is a possibility, one that I would certainly like. VM are also possible, of course. 

That's not the way I wanted to start the weekend but I appreciate the reply.

Gotham character designs have gotten more toyetic as the show's gone on. It's a shame there isn't more support for the Select line and Minimates. If what showrunners say about the next season is true, it should be even more interesting. 

I'll just remain hopeful that the returning license is Terminator and not Desperately Seeking Susan.

On 4/20/2018 at 11:33 AM, DSTZach said:

I believe Gotham, Watchmen and iZombie are still active licenses, in that we still technically have them, or only recently lost them, but no more MM are currently planned, no. 

Walking Dead license is, I believe, done, no plans to revisit that I know of, but never say never.

On 8/23/2017 at 7:37 AM, Mattallica said:

Things are looking dire, with the "announcement" that TMNT is done, what does that leave us for properties that are likely to get made?

Marvel - we've seen wave 74 , and Ragnarok and 75, and TRU 24 and TRU 25 and Walgreens 6 and Iron Fist and now Black Panther

Aliens - Covenant is out now,  when asked Zach didnt know about post covenant plans, except since then a new TRU asortment has been planned and Chuck mentioned some possibilities in the last Ask DST.

Predator - ? DST showed a new TRU assortment at the panel at SDCC.

Walking dead - Dead Resting

POTC - done i assume

NBX - continuing for sure, Series 4 and 5 on display at SDCC, both up for pre-order and coming to TRU

DC - Never going to happen

What have i missed? Kingdom Hearts, Pacific Rim, Elf, new licenses we are developing we have not announced.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:49 AM, DSTZach said:

Fixed that for you. One wave getting cancelled is not the end of the line.

Edited by Mattallica

Yeah, pretty sure we already have at least some Minimates from the returning licenses. The only thing is, Zach wasn’t 100% sure that we would be seeing more Minimates now that the license has returned.

2 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Where's the rumour of an old DST license new to minimates coming from?

I think someone may have misinterpreted Zach when he said, “The two licenses I meant were ones we actually no longer had, and you had not seen MM or any product for some time. I do not know for SURE that both will involve MM once again...”

It seemed clear to me that DST had offered Minimates of the two returning properties.

Thanks for the clarification, Zach, as well as the push for Minimates. It'd be frustrating to get a license like Terminator back but not be able to get our preferred plastic crack. Kinda like seeing all those DC Vinimates and Batman busts but no 'mates. Fingers forever crossed...

Well Rocky, Terminator and Lord of the Rings all stand out. Rocky was too short lived, Terminator has had sequels not covered previously, plus LotR has an Amazon big budget series in the works. I can’t see what Ghostbusters or BSG could add to that hasn’t already been covered. I suppose Tomb Raider and Sony games could also be possibilities.

Edited by MrClean