UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Tickets are ordered and parking is confirmed. Still need to finish my costume and find a good price on my hotel, but I plan to be there. 

Anyone else going to C2E2 this year? Some great guests have been announced including Drax and Mantis from GotGv2 and 3 actors from the Arrowverse.

Hopefully DST will be there again this year and we will get to see some cool new stuff. Maybe even get an exclusive set of Minimates or Vinimates (Legends of Tomorrow)!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, looks like the DST panel will be the end of the show - 4pm on Sunday. Says @DSTZach will be there, so at least a couple Multiversers will be at C2E2 this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Yep. I am here (there?) right now. Waiting in line for Fred Tatasciore to show up so I can get my Walgreens mate signed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone go blast dst about character variety on Pacific rim and kingdom hearts, and ask Chuck if they will try to get Godzilla back since there are a couple of big legendary films coming out soon?

But especially the character variety, and especially Godzilla.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw pics this morning of non marvel cases. No new mates shown, no new kingdom hearts or Pacific Rim items shown yet. John wick figure was there.

I know it's early Saturday and they can add to the cases over the weekend but damn. I was hoping something under wraps from toyfair would be on display.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This encounter happened earlier on Facebook:

"Are there gonna be photos of upcoming minimates?"

Zach said:

"Not sure what we have on display that's not be revealed recently..."

 

:( 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gmonkey2k said:

This encounter happened earlier on Facebook:

"Are there gonna be photos of upcoming minimates?"

Zach said:

"Not sure what we have on display that's not be revealed recently..."

 

:( 

I don't think we've gotten pics of Wick so... someone get us that plz.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, arnim zola said:

I saw pics this morning of non marvel cases. No new mates shown, no new kingdom hearts or Pacific Rim items shown yet. John wick figure was there.

I know it's early Saturday and they can add to the cases over the weekend but damn. I was hoping something under wraps from toyfair would be on display.

The only things under wraps at Toy Fair were the Ant Man 2 Box Set, which is embargoed; The Predator, which is being revised; and art for a Wick Minimate. Maybe I'll show that last one at the panel, but I will not allow pics.

I put Animated 9 in the case today. I can now tell you the NBX MM on display will be a Box Set, which I did not realize at Toy Fair. Kingdom Hearts Vinimates Series 3 is new, in that it is not 2D cutouts.

I dropped the ball by not checking on exhibiting Infinity War Series 2 for Walgreens, but I will show it at the panel. I won't show the TRU exclusive 2-pack until I know where it will be offered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2018 at 6:37 PM, arnim zola said:

Can someone go blast dst about character variety on Pacific rim and kingdom hearts, and ask Chuck if they will try to get Godzilla back since there are a couple of big legendary films coming out soon?

But especially the character variety, and especially Godzilla.

Character variety on what for Pacific Rim? No Minimates on deck right now, figure line has no repeats... D-Formz have some variants? Is that it?

Kingdom Hearts, your problem may be solved, as at least a couple of character repeats may never materialize, depending on whether we find someone to buy our TRU Series 1 inventory, and if TRU Series 2 is ever made. In other words, we're up the creek on the Timeless River sets, which means you are, too. So that's fun! 😑👌

Godzilla has been discussed. Only licensing changes affected our previous deal. We actually may see a couple of old MM properties come back, but we'll see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Godzilla has been discussed. Only licensing changes affected our previous deal. We actually may see a couple of old MM properties come back, but we'll see.

Zach, we appreciate you answering all of this, especially at this hour, but please don't say stuff like that. You know how people are gonna take it.

 

;P

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Godzilla has been discussed. Only licensing changes affected our previous deal. We actually may see a couple of old MM properties come back, but we'll see.

Street Fighter por favor.  Hopefully the third time would be the charm for Blanka, Dhalsim, E. Honda, Vega and Balrog.

80's TMNT back from the dead would be nice too!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DSTZach said:

NOT DC. And not Trek. And not Walking Dead. Nothing is final, so things may change, but I'm excited about the possibility.

Desperately Seeking Susan series 2 confirmed!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm....old licenses coming back. There’s Halo, MvC, Street Fighter, LOTR, Terminator, TMNT, Tomb Raider, Rocky, BTTF, PvsZ, Spongebob, Mass Effect, Lost in Space and a few minor ones like Grimm Fairy Tales.

Most are not that popular anymore or had full lineups. I can’t think of any but Street Fighter, TMNT or LOTR having any chance of selling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DSTZach said:

The only things under wraps at Toy Fair were the Ant Man 2 Box Set, which is embargoed; The Predator, which is being revised; and art for a Wick Minimate. Maybe I'll show that last one at the panel, but I will not allow pics.

I put Animated 9 in the case today. I can now tell you the NBX MM on display will be a Box Set, which I did not realize at Toy Fair. Kingdom Hearts Vinimates Series 3 is new, in that it is not 2D cutouts.

I dropped the ball by not checking on exhibiting Infinity War Series 2 for Walgreens, but I will show it at the panel. I won't show the TRU exclusive 2-pack until I know where it will be offered.

Thank you, I didn't know the embargoed properties were there or what was awaiting approvals, but I was hoping there were some kind of retailer exclusives that were not shown (because thats not what Toyfair is for) that we'd be able to see. NBXM being a boxset, I really hope those keep going and we keep getting new mates. After the panel if pics dont surface can you tell us the walgreens lineup for IW, and the Tru 2-pack? 

Those KH series 3 vinies did look very cool, looking forward to anything halloween based.

 

8 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Character variety on what for Pacific Rim? No Minimates on deck right now, figure line has no repeats... D-Formz have some variants? Is that it?

Kingdom Hearts, your problem may be solved, as at least a couple of character repeats may never materialize, depending on whether we find someone to buy our TRU Series 1 inventory, and if TRU Series 2 is ever made. In other words, we're up the creek on the Timeless River sets, which means you are, too. So that's fun! 😑👌

Godzilla has been discussed. Only licensing changes affected our previous deal. We actually may see a couple of old MM properties come back, but we'll see.

Loved the 1st Pacific Rim, saw the new one last weekend and really liked it. So for character variety I was actually talking about the select figs for once. The proto kaiju showed off at NYCC and TF looks fantastic and insanely better than what bandai is putting out for the movie kaiju wise. Problem for me is Neca didn't finish all the main kaiju before their license period ran out, though financially PR was a great property for them. And DST doesn't finish most line ups, its a couple of display pieces mentality. This movie has 4 important kaiju and that's it, and if DST intends to get through them all then great I'm all in. But 2 waves of select robots covers a great deal of robots and the first kaiju on your list looks great but is easily the least impressive of the ones in the film, its also the smallest. Is DST willing to go bigger and bigger on each vinyl kaiju release even with the rising price point? That's the only way to make them, and if DST isnt going to make them, then the audience for the toys is not going to invest. Right now it looks like its on a path to be done after the first kaiju comes out since all the jaegers are coming out in the first two waves and there will be nothing else available to put out and support sales. Really hoping for some positive news here.

Kingdoms hearts, everyone is hoping for the best for you guys and how to move forward without a TRU type business available going forward. Can this be a point where DST revisits a direct to consumer effort on your website to some degree? Product wise we've seen some cool new ideas come out of DST products before, everything is changing in the industry and without some crazy new business moves the remaining big retailers out there are going to continue to brush off DST products. Just don't bring Digger back, that's too crazy. :D

Dude I have been hoping this Godzilla sequel would bring that conversation back around for a long time. This is good to hear even though it doesn't mean anything yet. Thank you for this one bright spot on this otherwise bummer of a weekend.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...