UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sonic The Hedgehog

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!  I guess I am not going to be buying those Sonic Minimates after all!  What the hell happened?  I was scrolling through the DST pics and I didn't even realize these were the Minimates at first.  This is the first time where I feel like the Minimate body just did not translate at all to a property.  Yikes!

Toy-Fair-2018-DST-Sonic-002.jpg

Here's a better picture. I agree that sculpted noses or snouts would have looked better, especially from a profile view. Cream does need shorter legs since she's child size. But I like them overall.

How are these being released? Is the assortment up top another boxset or two packs?  

Edited by RedTiger95

I like 'em. I think my biggest problem is that Sonic's head specifically is obviously a Minimate cylinder that sort of has his quills tackled on. The rest of them have heads that seem to mesh the Minimate form well, especially Tails and Amy. I'm not a fan of the arms-as-legs design as a rule of thumb (But I get why they did it), so that would have to be my only real complaint. I can't wait to see where these go!

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 6:22 AM, Smashmaster12 said:

I can't wait to see where these go!

To the land of failed licenses...

Video Game lins have always been a tough sell, this was a line I was pumped for a few days ago when they announced the license. seeing the actual mates on display. Tails and robotnick are spot on, but the rest are just meh. this was a line I wuld have bought every thing for but with the sculpting completely missing the faces. this line is dead in the water for me.

just to be negative, its maybe 2 waves before it joins the rest of the video game lines

So second series we’ll get Shadow, Super Shadow, Knuckles, Big the Cat, and maybe that robot bro. 

Wonder what accessories we’ll see. Rings and chaos Emeralds are almost certain, but how about some Chaos or little robot crabs?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...