UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sonic The Hedgehog

DST broke the news today of the mystery video game license Zach has been hinting at: Sonic The Hedgehog!

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/2018/02/sonic-merchandise-speeding-to-stores-from-diamond-select-toys/

"The first products will be on display at the International Toy Fair in New York City, with a focus on the core Sonic characters — the speedy hedgehog Sonic, the energetic Amy, Tails the two-tailed flying fox, Knuckles the powerful Echidna, Shadow the anti-hero hedgehog, Metal Sonic the evil robot hedgehog, and the mustachioed mastermind Dr. Eggman. Product categories include Gallery PVC dioramas, Minimates block figures, Vinimates vinyl figures and PVC mini-figures with collect-and-connect racetracks."

Between this and Kingdom Hearts, DST is really trying to hit my top gaming franchises.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I've wanted this for a while. Very colorful cast of characters and variants can be done here.

I agree that using the arm pieces will work, since Sonic characters have big hands and feet. I'm looking forward to seeing the accessories, I'm sure they'll be some type of ring pieces. But yeah this a really cool announcement.

Okay, so...

Clearly this line is not focusing on the old school Genesis games. My only real exposure to this property is Sonic 1, 2, 3, and Sonic & Knuckles, so I’m a little out of my wheelhouse here.

This lineup is ‘Series 1 Box Set’. So, we can tentatively expect more characters in the theoretical second series. We’re already getting 3 versions of Sonic in this first series. Any speculation on what character selections might go from here?

as long as I get Knuckles to go along with Sonic, Tails, and Robotnic, I’ll be a happy camper

These definitely translate better then the Spongebob ones did, except for cream, those legs do not work at all, short legs should have been used, hopefully they have Shadow and Knuckles for maybe a tru or gamestop exclusive, like others were saying on the facebook page it would suck for this first series to not sell well enough for a second series and miss out on those two, can't see dst doing cream and a slightly different sonic without two of the main characters planned at least

Edited by FightTheDead118