UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Most need of a redo

Heinous

I've been reading New Avengers and got to like characters that I've either not cared about or not known alot about and it's got me wanting 'mates of them.

So to start this list, Spider-woman and Ronin need an updated version. Those two seem terribly outdated compared to what's been coming out lately and seem lie tthey stick out badly on the shelf so I won't even bother getting them. 

Let's avoid things like the Jim Lee x-men, this is for outdated 'mates not expensive ones 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firestar to me is the biggest offender. Probably because the hair is awful, they didn't get the chest decal right and that mask... For Jessica Jones Spider-Woman I just switched the hair piece and she fits in better.

14 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

For Jessica Jones Spider-Woman I just switched the hair piece and she fits in better.

Thank you, aside from the hair I feel like any change would be minute at best. I don’t think many ‘mates NEED a redo, but I will say this: I don’t want to see another Vision unless it’s the white version. I’m truly bewildered by how many versions of the green look have been released without ever getting the white one, if for no reason than a change of pace. I’d still like to see a bulked up comic style Abomination, and I guess you could consider a comic style Jackal a redo, the animated one is more cartoonish than I’d like. 

I love how that original comic Black Panther turned out, and I don’t feel that he’s really in need of a redo - however, I’m surprised with all the love he’s getting lately, that we haven’t seen a new comic version.

Aside from the ones already mentioned (Spider Woman and Ronan in particular), the characters that come to mind for me are Silver Sable, Yellow Daredevil, w6 Ghost Rider, and Kraven

Classic Invisible Woman - use the same colors as the Best of Mr. Fantastic

Classic Luke Cage, Power Man - because that old face still looks weird

Classic Iron Fist - use the new “collar” technology to replace that bulky, awful chest piece

Yellow Daredevil - easy peasy

Abomination - bulky and from the early comics, please

Classic Vision - non-phasing with extra parts, please

Firestar - yup

Spider Woman - Jessica Drew with cleaner/thinner paint app lines and a new hair piece

Edited by Mystery Man

Wasp. I really want an updated Wasp. Something with newly designed wings, and modified chest-block that allows for wings, without any additional height/bulk.
The versatility of the original was great, and she is by no means a bad figure, but I would love a more sleek look/design with more detailed printing.
I wouldn't say no to her black and yellow look, either.

11 hours ago, Mystery Man said:

Classic Invisible Woman - use the same colors as the Best of Mr. Fantastic

Classic Luke Cage, Power Man - because that old face still looks weird

Classic Iron Fist - use the new “collar” technology to replace that bulky, awful chest piece

Yellow Daredevil - easy peasy

Abomination - bulky and from the early comics, please

Classic Vision - non-phasing with extra parts, please

Firestar - yup

Spider Woman - Jessica Drew with cleaner/thinner paint app lines and a new hair piece

I agree re: that version of Wonder Man. 

And i I thought of another. Classic Stealth Iron Man. Metallic blue paint on the same one (tampo’s too) from the Classic Heroic Age boxed set. 

- Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider

- Silver Sable

- Jessica Drew Spider-Woman

- Ronin 

- Classic Suit Wonder Man

- Classic Vision

- Horseman of Death Archangel

- Namor

- Todd McFarlane Spider-Man

- Wasp

- Abomination in the style of newer bulked up mates

Edited by Minimate

I mean... I feel like we're going to see a lot of repeat thoughts here, and I agree with most, if not all of them. Anything from the first  20 waves or so that hasn't already been updated really is a candidate. I think the older generally, the more necessary.

I kinda disagree with the sentiment that the classic Fantastic Four need an update, because to me... the modern Fantastic Four Waves we got were fine. BUT if I were a huge FF nerd, I suppose I'd be right there with you. I understand where the requests come from, I just personally don't need them. We have decent quality versions of the FF. We don't have decent quality versions of characters like Firestar or Spider-Woman.

To pluck a few names from my own personal list of desires (that is to say, the X-Men I think need an update most)...

Polaris and Classic "Death" Archangel from Wave 19/20 could both use an update. But they're both right on the cusp... this was basically the turning point, imo, where minimates started to get more detailed. they're not quite up to modern standards, but they're nowhere near as bad as Firestar.

Cloak and Dagger are a pair right on the cusp as well. They're not bad, but they could be better.

I honestly think Bishop and Jubilee's 90s looks could use an update. This isn't me saying, "they're too hard to find/expensive" I genuinely think these two weren't done to their full potential... they were mates that got designed on the cheap for parts re-use. They're not up to scratch with most other mates for their time. (Bishop moreso than Jubilee. Jubilee admittedly can be improved A LOT with parts swaps from Strike Force, quite easily)

But If I'm answering who needs it the ABSOLUTE MOST: It's Firestar and Spider-Woman. Maybe Ms. Marvel, but I can get over her because we have modern Captain Marvel Minimates (much the same way I can get over the Fantastic Four).

OH HELL, you know who just occurred to me: Hydro-Man! I've wanted a new Hydro man for YEARS... the first one sucks, and it uses the awful Ultimate Cyclops hairpiece that falls off constantly. Hydro-Man is officially in my top 3, lol.

Edited by Gillbob316