UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Symbiote Speculation

stack32

6 hours ago, arnim zola said:

Aaaaaand Norman is somehow always involved. And how is it Carnage without Cletus? His symbiote was a piece of venoms mixed with his blood right? The venom symbiote as a whole was jumping hosts but Carnage was unique.

Probably because the current Carnage Symbiote has changed.  From what I recall (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong), the OG carnage symbiote was destroyed in the late 90s early 00s and Cletus ended up getting a new one, but basically the same, from the Negative Zone.  This also would explain how the Carnage and Venom symbiotes could mate and create Toxin without any weird inbreeding issues.

Hooray comics!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... It's weird when you realize someone offhandedly suggests Norman Osbourne be placed in charge of our country... and for a moment you think it sounds like a mild step up.

Same thing happened to me w/ Dr. Doom actually... though I think Doom would be a full step up. Doom at least has ideals. A method behind his madness. So to speak.

*Ponder*

9 hours ago, Gillbob316 said:

... It's weird when you realize someone offhandedly suggests Norman Osbourne be placed in charge of our country... and for a moment you think it sounds like a mild step up.

Same thing happened to me w/ Dr. Doom actually... though I think Doom would be a full step up. Doom at least has ideals. A method behind his madness. So to speak.

*Ponder*

Yes, it's weird that people actually think that.

Just a thought, maybe we could leave politics out of the conversation? Even wish lists are more interesting.

6 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

I'd only ever seen Pryde of the X-Men so this figure's hoses made him Pyro in my book. What was up with that staff? 

This figure has extendable legs and arms. They slide out. The staff extends too, so, you know, it looks appropriate....

4 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

I was just wondering ifit was based on ANYTHING

I can count on the ovaries I have the number of times I've seen apocalypse use a staff

I can't remember seeing him use anything like that. We saw transforming limbs that turned into giant morning stars, shields, claws or blasters.... but not a staff. 
The staff the toy came with also had a 'magic jewel' in it that you could slide up or down to expose it. It seems very specific. Perhaps it was from a story line that never materialised? 

For the record, that first X-Men wave from ToyBiz had some very hit and miss ideas. Nightcrawler has suction cups to mimic his 'wall crawling' ability. It was a nice idea but looked a bit unsightly. 
Wolverine's mask could be worn as a ring. Juggernaut came with a battering ram and roller skates.... so, yeah. I think there was a marketing person at ToyBiz just demanding accessories for every character that didn't fill out the blister pack on their own.

On 8/1/2018 at 11:47 PM, Nessex said:

-7423962323005242394_thumbnail.jpg
?

This figure gives me such Nostalgia. I remember my uncle drove me around for over an hour to stores in Virginia whilst on vacation trying to track him down and finally succeeding. He was always very happy when I found a toy I was hunting.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2018 at 11:28 PM, Heinous said:

Yeah we need a stilt man on those wood stilts! 

On 8/2/2018 at 1:28 PM, Heinous said:

I made it up, sorry to get you excited ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well the original concept for the character was approved :)

g24.040ra.jpg

I think if the 1602 universe would have gone on a bit longer we could have got something more like this :)

Stilt-Knight-RH.jpg