UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Symbiote Speculation

stack32

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

My OCD compels me to point out that, while we have plenty of Wolverine Minimates, most of them are Logan in different Wolverine costumes.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in this context, we're talking about different characters as Venom. I mean, there's no Hulk as Wolverine or Captain America as Wolverine, right? With Venom alone we're talking about Eddie Brock, Ann Weying, Patricia Robertson, Angelo Fortunato, Mac Gargan, Flash Thompson, Lee Price, and even Deadpool.

While I was largely joking I had this recent article in mind: https://www.newsarama.com/38437-the-best-they-are-at-what-they-do-analyzing-marvel-s-many-wolverines.html

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd love the Life Foundation Symbiotes to death. I played Seperation Anxiety on the Sega Genesis so much as a child.

Furthermore, I'm a huge Orlando Themepark buff, so having Scream would complete my Universal Studios Accurate Sinister Syndicate Team... which would make me ecstatic.

7 hours ago, MisterPL said:

My OCD compels me to point out that, while we have plenty of Wolverine Minimates, most of them are Logan in different Wolverine costumes.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in this context, we're talking about different characters as Venom. I mean, there's no Hulk as Wolverine or Captain America as Wolverine, right? With Venom alone we're talking about Eddie Brock, Ann Weying, Patricia Robertson, Angelo Fortunato, Mac Gargan, Flash Thompson, Lee Price, and even Deadpool.

I mean.... There is Laura as Wolverine. Like there's Rachel Summers as the Phoenix or Marvel Girl, Jane as Thor or how Sam and Bucky have both been Captain America.... 
Some of these are mantles, handed down.
The Symbiote is a weird one, as almost a character of it's own, with a whole slew of host bodies.

Yeah, I used to try to sort my Symbiotes by character... IE. I'd keep my brock's together, but I'd put my "Dark" Black spidey and my Gargan Venom with my Scorpion. I put Flash Venom with my other Spidey Allies, rather than villains...

Eventually it got too difficult to keep track of, so I just put all my Symbiotes into their own section, haha. It now has all the Venoms, Anti-Venoms, Carnages and even the Dark Spidey. the only two I didn't put in there are Black Costume Peter Parkers and the Venom Wolverine mate. Those I kept w/ the other Spideys & Wolvies.

ALL THAT SAID...

The Symbiote section of my boxes doesn't hold a candle to my Wolverines, haha.

Iron Man, Spider-Man & Wolverine are by far the three biggest sections. Thor, Hulk & Cap are getting there, but still a far cry from those three. I think Spidey actually has the highest overall count, but most of his minimates are actually very small, with no extraneous parts, so he takes up less overall space. Iron Man however has TONS of extra parts, so he takes up TONS of extra space.

I actually divided Iron Man up into his own subsections, the Iron Man compartment of my box got too massively overgrown, so I parsed it into several smaller ones. I made one for Movie Iron Men, one for Cartoon Iron Men, one for Comic Book Iron Men, One for Tony Starks exclusively, And one for "Iron Men who aren't Iron Man" (this one is mostly Rhodey, but also has Rescue and Ironheart, for instance). If anyone has a giant Iron Man section, I suggest subdividing it, lol.

On 2/6/2018 at 9:14 AM, funkguerilla said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Maximum Carnage themed wave.  In no particular order, it could be a Venom, Carnage, Shriek, Spider-Man, Doppleganger, and either a Demogoblin or a Deathlok.

Feels like a strong wave.  We can only hope.

Can I brag for a second that I almost totally nailed this wave?  I've never been so on the money in my decade plus of guessing at line ups.  It feels good man.

10 minutes ago, funkguerilla said:

Can I brag for a second that I almost totally nailed this wave?  I've never been so on the money in my decade plus of guessing at line ups.  It feels good man.

You definitely nailed it. 

It was definitely a good call. I thought a Maximum Carnage wave would be a natural tie-in but I hadn't expected DST to do it because of all the redone characters, that was wrong. It will be interesting to see if any of the other ideas people had show up elsewhere, like in a Venom TRU wave.

Getting a Maximum Carnage wave has made me want a Separation Anxiety wave all the more. Because the one Video Game was a sequel to the other Video game... the two share an unbreakable bond in the nostalgia center of my mind. (Even if Separation Anxiety had far less acclaim as a comic book story)

I mean you could basically keep Venom, Spidey & Carnage the anchors, and just fill in the gaps with the 5 life foundation Symbiotes. Even if most of them are obscure, I can't imagine multi-colored Symbiotes are a hard sell with main characters supporting them. Very Toyetic.

Spider-Man & Phage
Venom & Agony
Carnage & Lasher
Riot & Scream

Donezo!

I put Phage with Spidey, because Phage is the ugliest, so I think he needs the biggest headliner. Agony's bright pink is a nice contrast to Venom's black (wheras it would clash with Carnage or Spidey's Red). Lasher got paired w/ Carnage by default. I think Riot & Scream would make for the best non-headliner pairing... because Riot can pass for a poor man's Venom, and Scream easily has the most exposure of the life foundation symbiotes, as the only one who survived. Not to mention being featured in a ride at Universal Studios.

Mind you I don't WANT another Spidey, Venom & Carnage, but I accept them as a necessary evil.

Alright Jambi. Grant my wish. Please.

Edited by Gillbob316

I purchased the ML "Back in Black" Deadpool the other day and now I actually want the look as a minimate. Maybe it's just the contrast of the black and white but I think it looks quite cool on the shelf. Some extra tendril pieces like the ML has would go a long way to making the figure better.

I would absolutely buy the Life Foundation symbiotes, I understand the feeling some have but I never got symbiote burnout, plus they have the “Spider-Man eyes” that seem to sell. Regardless of the characters, I think they would look really cool as ‘mates. 

Edited by Valo487

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So the red goblin is a symbiote? I usually don't get interested in any characters that are just copies of existing characters. She thing, she hulk, lady bullseye, Daken, That marvel Boy guy from Thunderbolts or whatever his name was, the one million spiderman and Deadpool variants. 

The life foundation symbiotes had substance and a good explanation. Spider woman was a different type of character all together with a name that didn't fit. Miles Morales, Spider girl (I think) alt universes? Silk actually got bit by the same original spider. But damn there are too many clone characters out there. Too many hulk's, goblins, etc. At least the veno symbiote actually jumped hosts for extended periods, then we get anit-venom, WTF?

Like why can't we get some stilt man clones or alt universe versions of him?

8 hours ago, arnim zola said:

So the red goblin is a symbiote? I usually don't get interested in any characters that are just copies of existing characters. She thing, she hulk, lady bullseye, Daken, That marvel Boy guy from Thunderbolts or whatever his name was, the one million spiderman and Deadpool variants. 

The life foundation symbiotes had substance and a good explanation. Spider woman was a different type of character all together with a name that didn't fit. Miles Morales, Spider girl (I think) alt universes? Silk actually got bit by the same original spider. But damn there are too many clone characters out there. Too many hulk's, goblins, etc. At least the veno symbiote actually jumped hosts for extended periods, then we get anit-venom, WTF?

Like why can't we get some stilt man clones or alt universe versions of him?

Red Goblin is Norman/Carnage hybrid

13 hours ago, Heinous said:

Yeah we need a stilt man on those wood stilts! 

Whoa I need to see this!

11 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

Red Goblin is Norman/Carnage hybrid

Aaaaaand Norman is somehow always involved. And how is it Carnage without Cletus? His symbiote was a piece of venoms mixed with his blood right? The venom symbiote as a whole was jumping hosts but Carnage was unique.

Still cant believe the 616 president gave Norman control over national security and shield for a while.

8 hours ago, Nessex said:

-7423962323005242394_thumbnail.jpg
?

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!