UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Symbiote Speculation

stack32

Hasbro has announced they are releasing comic Marvel Legends Venom and Carnage figures as a tie-in to the upcoming Venom movie and there are rumors of a full wave. DST seemed to have a fair amount of success with this approach with their Deadpool tie-in waves and Venom has sold well in the past so perhaps this is something they would consider? If not it could still be interesting to get a Venom-themed (if not all-symbiote) wave. If you don't hate the idea, what would you like to see? A few possibilities off the top of my head:

Mac Gargan Venom: We've had this version before but it would be much better bulked-up.

"Back in Black" Deadpool: Seems like this would be hard for DST to pass up.

Superior Venom

"The Madness" Venom

Toxin

Venom 2099

Life Foundation Symbiotes: I don't care too much about these characters but they would look cool and I wouldn't skip them.

One of the countless heroes or villains that have been possessed by a symbiote.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, funkguerilla said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Maximum Carnage themed wave.  In no particular order, it could be a Venom, Carnage, Shriek, Spider-Man, Doppleganger, and either a Demogoblin or a Deathlok.

Feels like a strong wave.  We can only hope.

Maybe we can get them all with one being a BaF! 

Edited by Freaqualizer

Hmm. Symbiote Wolverine came out the same year we were told DST could no longer offer Marvel zombies of heroes. Aside from Spider-Man, have there been any other symbiote-assimilated heroes offered as Minimates? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Either way, this would make a fun assortment. 

4 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Maximum Carnage themed wave.  In no particular order, it could be a Venom, Carnage, Shriek, Spider-Man, Doppleganger, and either a Demogoblin or a Deathlok.

Feels like a strong wave.  We can only hope.

I was surprised that when DST updated Carnage it wasn't in a Maximum Carnage wave.

Hasbro has made a symbiote Deadpool so it would seem unlikely the idea is completely off-limits, unless Deadpool is an exception.

156137b.thumb.jpg.95efb6ccc72538f7e33b1d1e1725215e.jpg

I would happily take any of the crazy, brightly coloured Symbiotes from the Lethal Protector series (Scream, Phage, Lasher, Agony, ect...) - but I'd really rather see the unmade cast of Maximum Carnage get some love first. Doppleganger, Shriek, Demogoblin, all need a figure - especially now that we have a Carrion. 

If I had to pick just one Symbiote tho...

Image result for venom rex

Edited by Nessex

22 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

All of these names being thrown around sound great to me!

You could get an entire wave out of Venomverse/Edge of Venomverse characters like Gwenom, Gwenompool, etc.

Related image

This kinda stuff is what makes me hate the symbiotes. They just have to take it to the extreme. I remember reading a GOTG title and they were taking space venom to his home planet or something and over the course of like 2 issues, everyone on the ship was taken over by the symbiote. There's not story behind besides "let's make (insert any character) consumed by the symbiote, it'll look so cool!" 

Edited by Heinous

Okay, so what if it''s more like a Venom Inc wave?  With a Mania, Maniac, Venom, Agent Anti-Venom, Spider-Man, and Black Cat (I guess).

You'd get a variety of Venom-esque characters that aren't just retreads of existing characters (that is to say, I got no love for that Venomized Wolverine) and they all kinda match.

I mean, I'd prefer a Maximum Carnage wave, but I could be okay with this too.

On 2/6/2018 at 12:57 PM, MisterMiracle said:

All of these names being thrown around sound great to me!

You could get an entire wave out of Venomverse/Edge of Venomverse characters like Gwenom, Gwenompool, etc.

Related image

THIS!  So much this!  Venom INC was one of the more fun Marvel events in recent memory and there were quite a few, unique designs that could come out of the series as mates.  I would love to see Spinneret and Poison Spider-Man, among a few others. 

For symbiotes in general, I wouldn't mind an Eddie Brock Toxin, a new Agent Anti-Venom, Lasher, a Black Costume Spider-Girl, an April "Mayhem" Parker - complete with both suits, and a Normie Osborn Venom.

787196-spider_girls.jpg

mayhem.JPG

093.jpg?w=660

We did get Carnage-Hulk in the Animated line.

Symbiote infected heroes are all over the place in the Animated shows. Guardians of the galaxy have met up with them a few times. The last Spidey series had an infestation of Venom on the Helicarrier, Carnage’s all over, and I think at least one other instance. Avengers Assemble had a Venom bomb as well as a Dracula/Symbiote hookup in the recent Secret Wars run. I am sure there are others that I am not remembering.

I like all the Symbiotes, as long as they look cool and are not a direct repeat.

18 hours ago, stack32 said:

I didn't realize there were as many Venoms running around as there are Wolverines.

My OCD compels me to point out that, while we have plenty of Wolverine Minimates, most of them are Logan in different Wolverine costumes.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in this context, we're talking about different characters as Venom. I mean, there's no Hulk as Wolverine or Captain America as Wolverine, right? With Venom alone we're talking about Eddie Brock, Ann Weying, Patricia Robertson, Angelo Fortunato, Mac Gargan, Flash Thompson, Lee Price, and even Deadpool.