UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Antman and the Wasp

RedTiger95

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, stack32 said:

It's too bad a pretty decent set of minimates is going to end up being so notable for what's not there. No unmasked head for Ghost is surprising.

But... but we showed a photo of the set with unmasked heads for everyone EXCEPT her. So I thought that would be the least surprising thing. At no point was that even a suggested possibility. Unless you were surprised when we first showed it. 

And I'm sorry that Hank's face is printed on his helmet, but I'm hazy on how the blank head inside connects to Ghost. 

Regardless, clearly I need to stop discussing sets before they're out, as things can change.

On 11/6/2018 at 1:21 PM, buttheadsmate said:

OK , so does the 'part' that fits over the blank head consist of a helmet & the ' red-visored' facial expression of Hank Pym depicted on the front of it ? 

So the answer to my question was "Yes".  

I'm happy with that .

Edited by buttheadsmate

45 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

But... but we showed a photo of the set with unmasked heads for everyone EXCEPT her. So I thought that would be the least surprising thing. At no point was that even a suggested possibility. Unless you were surprised when we first showed it.

I suppose I should clarify, I understood the figure was going to be released without an alternate head, I'm surprised and disappointed it would happen given the character spends as much time in the movie unmasked as masked. It's the kind of thing that's causing me to slowly lose interest in movie minimates.

6 hours ago, DSTZach said:

And I'm sorry that Hank's face is printed on his helmet, but I'm hazy on how the blank head inside connects to Ghost. 

I don’t know about anyone else, but for me I was disappointed that there was a unnecessary blank head piece inside the helmet for the Hank Pym minimate, and the Ghost minimate did not get a character head piece on top of her standard mask head piece. I hope that clears things up for you Zach.

Edited by ABC123

I gotta say, despite not having an unmasked head (which is very important to me in all the figures/toys that I collect) Ghost is a fantastic Minimate overall! The deco is awesome.

Now that I have these in hand I agree. The pearlescent plastic looks nice but doesn't seem to really match the movie. I also find it a little odd that the detail lines on Ghost are gray on the body but black on the head. Maybe it's an attempt to suggest phasing?

I'm disappointed Hank's helmet doesn't have a transparent visor however it is consistent with Ant-Man and Wasp so I suppose it makes sense. The extra head inside is bizarre and also really difficult to remove. Wasp is good and comes with a much better flight stand than the recent Demogoblin. Ant-Man's chest is a notably different color than his arms and legs and it kind of ruins the figure for me, it's too bad since DST has really done a good job on this sort of thing in the last few releases. The feet all fit on the stands well and aren't the same mold as the wave 76 feet.

20 hours ago, stack32 said:

I suppose I should clarify, I understood the figure was going to be released without an alternate head, I'm surprised and disappointed it would happen given the character spends as much time in the movie unmasked as masked. It's the kind of thing that's causing me to slowly lose interest in movie minimates.

Well, usually the movie isn't fully shot, let alone edited, when we design them, but disappointment noted.

34 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

Why would you want to take it off? I'm genuinely not trying to be argumentative but I just don't understand why?

Well it truly doesn't matter as hank will go straight to the fodder bin. No desire for the figure. But why wouldn't you want to take the helmet off? It's a toy, play with it 

On 11/7/2018 at 1:40 PM, DSTZach said:

Regardless, clearly I need to stop discussing sets before they're out, as things can change.

It’s been a long time but if I remember correctly this figure was announced and shown before it was confirmed who was playing Ghost and the embargo on spoilers was still in effect so I just naively assumed you guys didn’t make one because you actually couldn’t due to the contracts. Or maybe I just rationalized it. Either way a storm blue eyes head from GSX and black hair and this is done.

9 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

It’s been a long time but if I remember correctly this figure was announced and shown before it was confirmed who was playing Ghost and the embargo on spoilers was still in effect so I just naively assumed you guys didn’t make one because you actually couldn’t due to the contracts. Or maybe I just rationalized it. Either way a storm blue eyes head from GSX and black hair and this is done.

True, we weren't even able to show Hank in the suit when we solicited it, and he was a returning character. It's very possible we were not given reference on Ghost Unmasked when we started working on them. Which believe it or not was a very long time ago.

• 3 years later...

Unrelated to the movie, but I'm gonna keep pushing and championing for this on all boards where it seems viable;

We are in DIRE need of new comic figures of Giant-Man and Wasp. Just putting that out there. Last time we got Giant-Man was in 2012 (based on that terrible Heroes Return design) and our last comic Wasp was in 2008 with the Avengers #1 box set.

I'd like to see either updated versions of their classic designs, or figures of their more modern looks. In Wasp's case specifically, It would be AWESOME if we got a figure based on her Earth's Mightiest Heroes design, since, to me, that's her definitive look. For Giant-Man, if not an updated version of his 1960s design, then at LEAST give us a version based on, again, his Earth's Mightiest Heroes costume, or even better, his Avengers Academy costume from 2010.

Just throwing that out there (and I won't stop until I see it happen, dammit! XD).