UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Antman and the Wasp

RedTiger95

So with the trailer just dropping, I thought I would do some speculation. Last time we got two boxsets for Antman. Maybe they could do a boxset and Toys R Us wave, not sure the lineup would be big enough for a Walgreen's assortment. Also it needs to be seen if Antman gets a figure in Infinity War's wave or will they save him for his own film. No need to  double dip.

Here's my guesses

Antman 

Wasp 

Ghost 

Hank Pym

Janet van Dyne

Bill Foster

Luis 

New Ant-thony?

Maybe flashback versions of Janet and Hank? 

Edited by RedTiger95

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think with this being a sequel it might be set up different than the first one, though it is easy to imagine it being covered in a single boxset. You would think Ant-Man, Wasp, and Ghost would be locks with Bill Foster also being likely. Depending on how Ghost's powers work I could imagine a variant. I don't need another giant ant. Some imaginative accessories or micro versions of characters would add a lot to these.

I had an idea for shrinking that I thought of the when the first movie came out. Have a clear regular size antman and have a piece that fits around the neck and torso pegs that's all also clear and have a smaller clear antman at the end then again an even smaller one that's painted coming from that. Kinda confusing, probably makes no sense to anyone 

4 hours ago, Heinous said:

I had an idea for shrinking that I thought of the when the first movie came out. Have a clear regular size antman and have a piece that fits around the neck and torso pegs that's all also clear and have a smaller clear antman at the end then again an even smaller one that's painted coming from that. Kinda confusing, probably makes no sense to anyone 

I love this idea. I would even settle for the extra piece on a regular Ant-Man.

This is what we got with the first movie:

latest?cb=20150727185905

This is what you are talking about:

ant-man-test-footage1.jpg

Edited by Onyx_6
Added Images

• 2 weeks later...

Honest to god... I don't need Luis at all. I have a severe dislike of extraneous civilian minimates. Especially MCU Civilians.

I think a few headline civilians from the comics is fun. I certainly wouldn't say no to MJ or J. Jonah, nor would I sneeze at a Moira MacTaggert.

But "Ant-Man's buddy Luis" is not a priority for me. Nor is Ned from Spider-Man Homecoming for that matter. Nor are half the civilian minimates we already got in past movie waves just to fill them out.

Added some much appreciated humor to the movie to be sure... still not someone I need to own a toy of. In this or any other line.

I'm pretty sure one reason we get so many "extraneous civilians" in the Minimates line is because DST doesn't get film reference in time to make other characters.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE having characters like Phil Coulson, Agent Sitwell, Pepper Potts, and Howard Stark in my collection but it seems like DST would have filled Happy Hogan's spot with an armored Whiplash given the opportunity.

If DST needs to round out an assortment, I'd much sooner have a new character like Luis or Ned than something like Business Suit Vision or Mustard Armor Iron Man.

The brief shot of the head in the trailer attached to Black Panther looked pretty darn close to the modern Ghost look.

• 1 month later...