UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How the hell....

Mattallica

4 hours ago, Shanester said:

I can only shake my head.

Not directly solely at you, but if you had the chance to pick up a haul of rare figures, would you? And he's not even charging a lot for them. Also I don't know the story behind this figure, is he considered a good Ironman? Just rare? 

9 hours ago, Heinous said:

Not directly solely at you, but if you had the chance to pick up a haul of rare figures, would you? And he's not even charging a lot for them. Also I don't know the story behind this figure, is he considered a good Ironman? Just rare? 

" .....had the chance ...... would you ?"   Yes , I've done it :blush:    

Check out .......Minimate Central -Heroes United DVD   ........for the full story of this item.

If you bought the DVD you got a code enabling you to get the figure [sent to you] that Menagerie is [now] selling .  

Rare. I don't think so .......nowhere near as rare as a particular Nickelodeon Minimate for example.

A good Iron-Man ?  There's been over 70 Iron-Man minimates & my opinion is "no'' but could it be considered to be the first 'animated' version of a Marvel character? Maybe.

My head shake is over so called "exclusivity".  I am so sick of Minimates that are "exclusive" to an outlet, that mysteriously turn up en masse later.  I don't care how he got them or that he is selling them.  I'm just sick of the bait and switch.

I'm sure the fine print says something about a "limited time offer" and that the video didn't sell as well as Marvel had hoped despite a lovely mail-in premium. Seems like excess inventory that he tracked down somehow.

The thing that bugs me most about exclusives is when they're not available. :FUTRU: 

On 1/29/2018 at 12:05 PM, MisterPL said:

I'm sure the fine print says something about a "limited time offer" and that the video didn't sell as well as Marvel had hoped despite a lovely mail-in premium. Seems like excess inventory that he tracked down somehow.

The thing that bugs me most about exclusives is when they're not available. :FUTRU: 

Say what you want but sadly Menegrie is the only way some people can get or find some mates in the secondary market. I had a problem with him once over an Emma Frost that soured me to the whole experience. but every now and then its the easiest choice. ;(

9 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Say what you want but sadly Menegrie is the only way some people can get or find some mates in the secondary market. I had a problem with him once over an Emma Frost that soured me to the whole experience. but every now and then its the easiest choice. ;(

There are plenty of other people that can help out in the two Facebook Minimates groups.

I've bought from him for customs parts, because it's been more readily available than here (haven't tried the FB groups yet though), and less expensive than tracking them down from other sellers on eBay.

My beef is don't buy all of them so people going to stores for themselves, not to resell, can't. Let me get mine & help out some board members if I need to, then do whatever the heck you want.

On 2/2/2018 at 11:54 AM, MisterMiracle said:

There are plenty of other people that can help out in the two Facebook Minimates groups.

Don't disagree but I have been burned by facebook before so I prefer things that have more of a guarantee.

1 hour ago, MisterMiracle said:

C'mon...get with the times, man!  Even my almost 90 year old grandmother has a Facebook!

p.s.  Looks like Luke has a lot of good stuff that went up for sale today.

I did til I was like 24. Then I decided it was getting dumb. 7 years later I don't miss it at all

And I got some good buys today thanks to Luke! 

Yeah, I have been using messenger, but I do something on Facebook proper about 3 times a year. Facebook is just a time drain.

• 4 weeks later...

I had FB, but I dumped it.  (I had a real-life stalker & he found me on FB.)

PS -- my stalker was from waaaay before I got FB (like from right after high school) , FYI.

Edited by homestar17

15 hours ago, homestar17 said:

I had FB, but I dumped it.  (I had a real-life stalker & he found me on FB.)

PS -- my stalker was from waaaay before I got FB (like from right after high school) , FYI.

Yeah stalking is a real issue at times you could gonthe fake name route but honestly if I didn’t work in the industry I wouldn’t have an account.