UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you all looking forward too?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pic PL posted is the CG designs drawn in 2D (they did have different bodies - the Playmates figures were pretty faithful in that aspect - I expect Minimates didn't because of tooling budget). I would be on board with that, because that art style looks great to me.

The leaked designs designs Nick released are garbage. I prefer stylized, but those are too stylized. What I heard is Genndy isn't involved (because I honestly think they would look better, even in those same awful designs - I love his style, especially Clone Wars - I wish the CG series had been animated like that), but another producer from Samurai Jack.

I kinda dig the idea of making them different species of turtles (though that means they can't be literal brothers - plus, would a pet store sell 4 different turtles in the same container? I know you can't do that with a lot of types of fish without them fighting each other), and the kiddifying of the weapons (though not Leo's - "instead of two, let's give him one really long one") is expected if they're aiming for a younger audience, and April's been African American in the comics a lot so that's fine (but because of that, this isn't "the first time it's been done!" like the article I read tried to boast), but that Splinter pissed me off. Holy crap, does he suck. WTF. Every Splinter has looked different, so I don't have a problem with a new take, but seriously, WTF is that!?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree those new designs seem lackluster compared to the recent series. The only one I really like is April. Maybe they had to tone it down since the current series did get dark sometimes, but I don't know, the designs don't really interest me. Maybe the simplistic look will cut down tooling costs, that's probably why we didn't get most of the mutant villains from the current Nick show.

If they do continue then I hope it's a medley of different versions, like a wave based on the 1990 movie, a comic book wave or a cartoon wave. I just don't want the license to be dropped.