UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you all looking forward too?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d like to voice my utter heartbreak at the cancellation of the 80s turtles as well. Those guys looked perfect.

I’m always looking forward to new Marvel product. Series 75 looks killer and I can’t wait for Daisy and GR to join Coulson. My OG Moon Knight is gonna dig having that new staff too.

And I’m fairly certain Infinity War will cause me to break my “no MCU” rule. Hoping for a new hair piece for MCU Bucky. Haven’t been a fan of the one from the Cap movies.

I personally like the movie/TV properties like Beetlejuice, Gotham, X-Files, etc.  I'm bummed that Gotham minimates seems to have stopped, the villains have just gotten really interesting on the show. X-Files is a cool property in theory, but understandably after Mulder and Scully, there are not a lot of characters to sustain a license except for the weekly monsters and aliens. 

15 hours ago, Joe Hill said:

I'm bummed that Gotham minimates seems to have stopped, the villains have just gotten really interesting on the show.

I've noticed that before. Shows like Gotham and Agents of SHIELD start off with some pretty generic looking characters which makes sales reliant more on the brand than the product. Later, when the brand shows signs of waning (less buzz, lower ratings, etc.) suddenly character designs become more toyetic. I'm convinced that retailers would prefer the colorful, more comic-based villains of the recent seasons of Gotham over what they first stocked.

Whew, those new TMNT designs look pretty bad. So bland and lifeless and yet borrows so heavily from the most recent Nick series. Why not just take the original Nick designs and do those in 2D as opposed to just doing a watered down version. Oh well.

Ugh, not a fan of those Turtle designs.

I suppose one thing I am looking forward to is seeing what we get for Marvel comic waves in the remainder of the year. Comic waves in 2017 were somewhat limited but overall pretty good but I'm not too impressed with the first two for 2018, that's mostly about character selection and little about execution.

I don't have a problem with the character designs but they're obviously moving away from all four turtles being identical. Now they've got their own body styles. I'd want to see that translated using waist risers, leg extensions, and maybe differently shaped noggins and bulked up kid bodies.

Nickelodeon is scrambling to do damage control this morning, I'm sure. As much as they're trying to control the conversations online (check out the comments on Facebook during the live reveal) they can't ignore the overwhelming negativity coming from 1st generation fans. These are the same fans who hold veto power over the purchase of toys and help control what their kids watch.

Then there are the licensees and retailers. If they're getting a bad vibe about this incarnation, they won't support it. Considering folks are already insisting this is worse than the last two feature films, Nickelodeon's wiping the slime off their collective face.

Well I thought the first reveal redesigns were bland and lifeless, but those were certainly better than what turned out to be the real designs. 

Shame this show and toys and so forth is such a hard pass. Their last go round was awesome.

7 minutes ago, JediJohnson said:

I'll avoid an argument and assume you meant "1st generation CARTOON fans."  :D

Based on the complaints I've read, that would seem to be the case, yes. Personally, I go back to the comics, the ones that satire Frank Miller's Daredevil stories, so I'm nowhere near invested in the cartoons. Honestly I couldn't stand them but clearly there's a ton of vocal fans who grew up on that series and are understandably miffed.

54 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Based on the complaints I've read, that would seem to be the case, yes. Personally, I go back to the comics, the ones that satire Frank Miller's Daredevil stories, so I'm nowhere near invested in the cartoons. Honestly I couldn't stand them but clearly there's a ton of vocal fans who grew up on that series and are understandably miffed.

I agree 100%.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

I wasn't real crazy about this when I saw it either:

z46.jpg

After watching it, it became my favorite part of the prequels. That's an admittedly low bar but still. 

That said, I know it's not just about the look.

These are stylized designs, but they really don't stray too far from the essential look of the characters.

These new TMNT designs are clearly based more upon the movie versions (from what I've seen in pics, I have not watched the movies, because ugh).  They stray too far from the original (comic or 1st cartoon) essential look of the characters for many people.  Unless your 1st turtle was a recent movie turtle, you aren't going to get excited.

True. I'd have been livid if they replaced the lightsabers with laser paddles and plasma hammers. It's not as if Rafael's jumping around with a butterfly net though.

I still can't help thinking some minds will change once they see these Turtles in action. Whether that's enough remains to be seen. All I know is that too many fandoms (Star Trek, Star Wars, and not TMNT) don't seem to be accepting change very well.