UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
luke314pi

WWF Custom Minimate Preorder Thread

On 4/4/2018 at 11:44 AM, Gillbob316 said:

No, that's definitely Ultimate Warrior. Back in the days before the internet, it was a very common urban legend that Warrior had died and been replaced like 2-3 times.

That said... I feel compelled to ask... because starting with Bret Hart has left room for confusion in my mind, haha:

Will you be focusing more on Classic WWF, "New Generation" WWF, or straddling between the two?

For those who aren't big enough wrestling nerds to know what I'm talking about, classic WWF might typically be considered the "Hogan" era: IE. That would be more Hogan, Andre, Piper, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Junk Yard Dog, Sgt. Slaughter, Big Boss Man, etc. The "New Generation" started after WWF had mostly let go old stars like Hogan and Randy Savage, allowing guys like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon, Diesel, etc, to rise to the top.

Bret Hart is one of the few guys who was actually around in both eras, but he was really more of a tag wrestler, nearer to the bottom/middle of the card in the classic era, and didn't become a main event star until they began transitioning to the New Generation. Much the same story w/ Shawn Michaels. But like I said... Bret leaves room for confusion, as his rise into his heyday pretty much straddles the line between the two eras.

ANYWAY I'm rambling... I'm just wondering if we can expect guys like Razor, Diesel... perhaps a bit more modern (purple gloves) Undertaker... or "Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels (not Rocker Shawn Michaels)... or if you'll be sticking closer to the Hogan era?

This is a great question. In May I will be starting my first subscription for this line, and that one year subscription will all be based on the "Hogan" era. I am shooting for around the years of Wrestlemania 3 to 7. After that I will focus on the "New Generation" stars for at least 6 months before moving on to the Attitude era.

Would new generation be the period where Bret Hart, Shawn Michael's, British Bulldog, Razor/Diesel, etc came in? Or would they fit in earlier?

I would put them in my "new generation" batch. Something like Wrestlemania 7-10.

Bret Hart will start shipping on Thursday the 19th. That is also the day that Ultimate Warrior will go up for preorder. 

5Mm4enA.jpg

aEsMHWP.jpg

YJdGqIr.jpg

Ultimate Warrior is up for preorder! He includes an alternate head with different make-up and expression. This custom is a limited edition of 24, and you can preorder him here: https://goo.gl/forms/CY6qu6yfvimbTdAy1

Next month my WWE custom subscription option will start. I will post more details before then, but it will be very similar to my Marvel subscription.

I really like the look of this one, Luke! Very toyetic.

Oh man he's lovely! And you even found a use for one of my least favorite hairpieces! By the way, I think I have a couple of those if you need any extras. Just let me know and I'll look.

Thanks guys! I have 4 Ultimate Warrior preorders left, which makes sense because I had 4 more of these available than Bret Hart. 

3 hours ago, hellpop said:

Oh man he's lovely! And you even found a use for one of my least favorite hairpieces! By the way, I think I have a couple of those if you need any extras. Just let me know and I'll look.

Seeing that hair piece and connecting the dots was one of my greatest "ah ha!" moments. :lol: