UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WWF Custom Minimate Preorder Thread

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, TimeTraveler said:

Yeah I remember him being pretty popular for never wearing the strap. His body and history was enough for the popularity I suppose tho? 

That and Vince McMahon trying to replace Hogan with him. I do gotta say though I wasnt much of a big fan of his till his later years in WCW.

3 hours ago, lopez888 said:

That and Vince McMahon trying to replace Hogan with him. I do gotta say though I wasnt much of a big fan of his till his later years in WCW.

Yup!! I agree, I wasn’t a fan until WCW. That’s how I mostly remember him by. WWF days he rubbed me the wrong way. 

edit:

Bushwhackers with hats! I think one of them had the chew marks? I think they would make great Minimates look wise. 
They were fun to watch, I was lucky enough to see a few house shows in my small town back in 90 and 91. Man the memories! 

Rhythm and blues? End for the Hammer, but they would make a decent tag team looks wise. Honky tonk with his ? he would be awesome just looks wise. 

Demolition with them helmets would be epic. I wish there was parts and pieces for them. They would look awesome as Minimates. Originally there was three of them tho? Axe, Smash and Crush. Though the tag team would be fine with just the two. 

Trench coat Warrior. He would look pretty good in that jacket. I wish there were parts and pieces. 

Natural Disasters, I know it’s been mentioned, but I saw this picture. Also work for Dusty and a few others.

600D812F-C0A9-4E4D-BE3D-E1E47FE15110.jpeg
im not sure what pieces or sets that chubby piece is from however.

Edited by TimeTraveler

On 12/22/2019 at 5:17 PM, luke314pi said:

Thanks for the suggestions! The trouble with a lot of costumes is that I simply don't have the parts to make a run of them. I wish I did!

My new custom will be going up for preorder tomorrow instead of today. It isn't Vader (I don't have the parts for him) or Sid (he might be coming later!).

Luke, did I miss this one?

On 12/23/2019 at 3:38 PM, arnim zola said:

Ok Luke, what parts DO you need for vader?

I would like him to have a larger chest piece, like I did for Andre the Giant. Something like Gabe from Walking Dead. I don't think Vader would look right with a normal chest block. The problem is that I don't have 25 chest blocks like that, and even if I did, it would take too much time to hand paint them all, especially because of the red on his outfit. Painting red over any color needs at least 3 coats if not more. So I don't think he is an option for these releases. :(

• 4 weeks later...

So close to being Akeem, the African Dream.  He had a mohawk as One man Gang, but only a black beard.

So I concur with Frequalizer.  The Mighty Oz!  The only thing that could slow him and Scott Hall down are the Z-Man and Big Josh, of course.

• 1 month later...

Here is a hint for my next WWE custom: When this person first signed with the WWF, Vince McMahon wanted to name him Mason the Mutilator. But this wrestler hated the name, and came up with a new  one, which McMahon liked and approved.

pzci3tL.jpg

3UuWk1Y.jpg

Mankind is up for preorder! He comes with Mr. Socko and he is a limited edition of 25. You can reserve him here: https://forms.gle/AUPkdtmi8uvk8deC8

On the production side of things, I just shipped Lex Luger, and next I will be turning my attention to my Marvel line and finishing Quasimodo, along with some older customs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 3:21 PM, lopez888 said:

That mankind is awesome, but his attire was totally different in the new generation era that's more of his attitude era attire.

My timelines always seem to be a little off, but this is the version I had the parts to make, which is always the challenge. 

• 2 weeks later...

Diesel shipped today for those of you who selected individual shipping. Here is a hint for my next custom, who will be released this Sunday: This wrestler was the first man to ever win a Royal Rumble as the number 1 entrant. 

1 hour ago, luke314pi said:

Diesel shipped today for those of you who selected individual shipping. Here is a hint for my next custom, who will be released this Sunday: This wrestler was the first man to ever win a Royal Rumble as the number 1 entrant. 

Please tell me he will be in his WM 12 attire.

If I had to pick one version of HBK, it would be the 1993-94, Wrestlemania X-era look.  To me that's Shawn at his most iconic (well, after the Rockers look, which is clearly the most iconic look overall), but I'll buy whatever version Luke puts out here (so please hold one for me, Luke!).

21 hours ago, AugieWargo said:

Cool, Shawn Michaels.  Which version?  Lost smile, DX, HBK, Born again, or deer hunting?

Lost smile version LOL.

losthissmile.jpg

I think the Born Again, "starting to bald and should really cut his dang hair" version is another strong choice.  I used to say that every time I saw him to the point that it turned into a running gag with my roommate at the time.  Then he inexplicably shaved his whole head recently. 

On another note, as many of us are now doing I'm sure, I'm working from home, and my work "office" is my collection room.  Every day that I come in here I take a look at a selection of Luke's custom wrestlers, and it gives me joy.  I recently was going through storage and found several of the other Luke's customs I have, and I eventually want to make a display of those.  I am not very into Minimates in general anymore, but will always love the stuff that Luke has, and continues to put out.  So much personality, and his passion for these guys always comes through.  Thanks for everything Luke!  You are the man.

Also, here is the Million Dollar Man, proving that truly everyone and everything has a price:

WtzgKnIqoNYvLCQ1WW96_oocLwEfCC9eB7b99aZZ[

Edited by karamazov80