UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WWF Custom Minimate Preorder Thread

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/14/2019 at 10:53 AM, luke314pi said:

Here is a hint for my next custom: This wrestler would often insult the men in the audience, calling them things like "fat, out-of-shape sweathogs."

That man's career, and life, were cut far too short.  He was an awesome talent.  WWE Network has some of his pre-WWE matches in WCCW which are interesting to see.  Wrestling ain't what it used to be.

9nz0NN2.jpg

B3sYe2u.jpg

TIYbXS0.jpg

Ravishing Rick Rude is up for preorder! He includes a special WWF classic entrance cut-out (on PVC board just like my character cut-outs) and the Intercontinental Championship Belt. He is a limited edition of 25, and this is the only release which will feature this version of the entrance and belt. Here is the preorder link: https://goo.gl/forms/1NOICDFC39mJHO9u2

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a hint for my next custom: Before becoming a professional wrestler, this person was a boxer, an amateur wrestler, a judo black belt, and a stuntman. During his time as a wrestler he spent time as both a "face" and a "heel", and would later serve as an announcer, referee, and commissioner.

• 4 weeks later...

My next WWE custom was supposed to be up for preorder this month, but I have been too busy with Minimate Showcase Day, our store's new exclusive 2-pack (check the Series 78 thread), and other items, so it will be released next month instead. Roddy Piper will ship in 2 weeks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a hint for my next custom (which will go up for preorder on Sunday): This wrestler has held more recognized championships than any professional wrestler in history, though he never won any championships during his time in the WWE.

Hmm, I don't know who this is.  From the '80s era WWE?  Hellpop's post makes me think it could be Harley Race.  Back in the day we didn't see world titles change hands all that much though, so it must include tag and secondary titles.  My first guess would be Bobby Eaton, based on his longevity, all the successful tag teams he had, and his experience with the WCW and Smokey Mountain TV titles, but that's just a guess.  And he was never a WWE guy that I recall.

Edited by karamazov80

Pretty sure it's Jerry Lawler.

And not that I didn't have confidence in my own guess or anything... but I discovered you can pretty much find Luke's hint verbatim on Jerry Lawler's wikipedia page *cough*

To be a nitpicky nerd for the sake of being a nitpicky nerd, I don't really think of Lawler as an 80s WWE wrestler. He rose to prominence with the company more when they put him on commentary during the 90s/New Generation (and then later, obviously, the Attitude Era). Actually, by the letter of his very own wikipedia page, he didn't even join the company 'til 1992... so yeah, totally not 80's WWE, though still most assuredly an 80s wrestler... His career certainly goes back much, MUCH further than 1992 (as the hint suggests), but yeah, He wasn't a thing in WWE 'til the 90s.

But it's not like these customs haven't had some New Generation overlap already. I'd argue Bret Hart (the very first one) was far more 90s than he was 80s. And Lawler is a great companion piece to Bret Hart, since they feuded quite a bit back in the New Generation. AND it's not like these are hard and fast rules, Luke can make whoever he wants. And I personally love Lawler (and the New Generation) so more power to it.

My only question is... will he be Blue & White... or Red & Black...

Edited by Gillbob316

Jerry Lawler was who I was referring to as well. :thumbsup:

If and when Luke does tag teams, I'd love a Midnight Express with Jim Cornette figure. For Bobby Eaton, you'd need a bunch of those Invisible Woman mullets. :lol:

Ah, I was thrown off thinking of '80s WWF.  Lawler also had a mullet in the early '90s!  Pretty polarizing guy, with some of his legal issues and heat in the locker room.  But his talent on the mic, and knowledge of ring psychology were top notch.  He also had a great ability to adapt to his situation.  Guy was THE MAN in Memphis during his tenure, then went to WWE and became a top-level personality right away.

I agree about the Midnight Express.  One of the great tag teams of the '80s, though Jim Cornette was the real star of the team.  I was thinking about them recently, and about how important loyalty used to be.  Those guys (particularly the version with Stan Lane) would take a bullet for one another.

Minimate-scaled scaffolding for Starrcade '86 diorama, please.

Edited by karamazov80