UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WWF Custom Minimate Preorder Thread

Yeah, I'm not thinking of any other Canadian AWA champs at the moment.  It's not either of the Rougeaus, none of the Harts, not Dino Bravo or Pat Patterson.  Martel was a champ as part of Strikeforce, and I remember when he won the WCW TV title later in his career.

I was really into his "The Model" gimmick.  A friend and I actually re-enacted the blindfold match he had with Jake the Snake on my trampoline! :D

I always liked the Boston Crab as a finishing move.

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, karamazov80 said:

Yeah, I'm not thinking of any other Canadian AWA champs at the moment.  It's not either of the Rougeaus, none of the Harts, not Dino Bravo or Pat Patterson.  Martel was a champ as part of Strikeforce, and I remember when he won the WCW TV title later in his career.

I was really into his "The Model" gimmick.  A friend and I actually re-enacted the blindfold match he had with Jake the Snake on my trampoline! :D

I always liked the Boston Crab as a finishing move.

It seems like it's got to be Martel but I thought he wrestled for WCW up until it's demise... Then again WCW had about 40 guys that were never on TV for week after week.

I think that Martel was one of those guys WCW had under contract for years that they never used right up until Vince bought them out. He's definitely an unexpected choice, but assuming Luke's going with the Model gimmick this should be pretty cool.

Martel had great feuds with Jake Roberts, Tito Santana and Shawn Michaels. All three were pretty high profile names. That could possibly fit the era, especially with Jake Roberts being the last custom done. Would have been cool if Luke had made an alt head with Jake’s milky eye from when he was sprayed in the face by Martel’s signature scent, Arrogance.

He did have an unusual, heel vs. heel feud with Shawn Michaels over who got Sensational Sherry, as I recall.  They had a "no punching in the face" clause in their match, which was later ripped off in a great scene from Anchorman :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that I will be pushing the November release (Rick "The Model" Martel) to December. This month was insane for me, and I fell behind on my customizing. For those of you with subscriptions to my wrestling customs, it will push it all back one month, with the final release in this subscription happening in May instead of April. I expect Jake the Snake to be finished in 2 weeks. Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...

0vfd5ks.jpg

pKcqi9V.jpg

3rDbBL0.jpg

Rick "The Model" Martel is up for preorder! He includes two different faces and hair pieces, his Arrogance cologne sprayer, an extra set of arms for his non-jacket look, and a model stand. This custom is a limited edition of 25 and the preorder link is here: https://goo.gl/forms/3wvpNa7A8jnzjVpK2

Jake the Snake will be finished in about a week. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a hint for my next custom: This wrestler was billed as the WWF World Heavyweight Champion in 3 shows despite the fact that he never won the title in a match - it was handed to him by Andre the Giant. However, WWF later refused to acknowledge this wrestler as the champion (since titles could not be handed to someone else) and declared the title vacant.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is a hint for my next custom: Ted DiBiase paid a manager named Slick to have this wrestler retrieve the Million Dollar Championship belt from Jake Roberts, who had stolen it. This wrestler retrieved a bag containing both the belt and Roberts' pet python, Damien. On The Brother Love Show, he refused to accept DiBiase's money for the bag, and returned it to Roberts.

Anyone here ever take a trip down to Cobb County, Georgia?

You couldn't easily get away with a good guy rassler sporting a rebel flag patch on his arm nowadays in my opinion.  We also had a GI Joe from that time with a rebel flag belt buckle.

Cross-CountryRAH.jpg

• 4 weeks later...