UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WWF Custom Minimate Preorder Thread

On 4/4/2018 at 11:44 AM, Gillbob316 said:

No, that's definitely Ultimate Warrior. Back in the days before the internet, it was a very common urban legend that Warrior had died and been replaced like 2-3 times.

That said... I feel compelled to ask... because starting with Bret Hart has left room for confusion in my mind, haha:

Will you be focusing more on Classic WWF, "New Generation" WWF, or straddling between the two?

For those who aren't big enough wrestling nerds to know what I'm talking about, classic WWF might typically be considered the "Hogan" era: IE. That would be more Hogan, Andre, Piper, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Junk Yard Dog, Sgt. Slaughter, Big Boss Man, etc. The "New Generation" started after WWF had mostly let go old stars like Hogan and Randy Savage, allowing guys like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon, Diesel, etc, to rise to the top.

Bret Hart is one of the few guys who was actually around in both eras, but he was really more of a tag wrestler, nearer to the bottom/middle of the card in the classic era, and didn't become a main event star until they began transitioning to the New Generation. Much the same story w/ Shawn Michaels. But like I said... Bret leaves room for confusion, as his rise into his heyday pretty much straddles the line between the two eras.

ANYWAY I'm rambling... I'm just wondering if we can expect guys like Razor, Diesel... perhaps a bit more modern (purple gloves) Undertaker... or "Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels (not Rocker Shawn Michaels)... or if you'll be sticking closer to the Hogan era?

This is a great question. In May I will be starting my first subscription for this line, and that one year subscription will all be based on the "Hogan" era. I am shooting for around the years of Wrestlemania 3 to 7. After that I will focus on the "New Generation" stars for at least 6 months before moving on to the Attitude era.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5Mm4enA.jpg

aEsMHWP.jpg

YJdGqIr.jpg

Ultimate Warrior is up for preorder! He includes an alternate head with different make-up and expression. This custom is a limited edition of 24, and you can preorder him here: https://goo.gl/forms/CY6qu6yfvimbTdAy1

Next month my WWE custom subscription option will start. I will post more details before then, but it will be very similar to my Marvel subscription.

Thanks guys! I have 4 Ultimate Warrior preorders left, which makes sense because I had 4 more of these available than Bret Hart. 

3 hours ago, hellpop said:

Oh man he's lovely! And you even found a use for one of my least favorite hairpieces! By the way, I think I have a couple of those if you need any extras. Just let me know and I'll look.

Seeing that hair piece and connecting the dots was one of my greatest "ah ha!" moments. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a hint for my next release: This wrestler was a former minor league baseball player. 

The next release will also include an optional subscription, just like my Marvel subscription. I will have more details on that soon. 

Update: Ultimate Warrior will ship Monday, May 14th for those of you who selected to have him shipped by himself. I still have one available if anyone missed out. Macho Man Randy Savage and the optional one year custom subscription will go up for preorder on Friday, May 18th. I have a factory in China working on wrestling rings for me. There will be 4 different versions, and I expect them to arrive in about 3 months. 

Bold move going with Knuckleball Schwartz next!

abe_knuckleball_schwartz_by_jhwink-d95kx

Excited about what is to come!  The '80s-early '90s WWF is the period of wrestling I'm most nostalgic for.  I've been listening to quite a bit of a podcast called "Something to Wrestle With Bruce Prichard," which just started showing on WWE Network as well.  Prichard was Brother Love, and was involved in WWF production and talent relations from 1987 through 2008 or so.  He tells so many great behind the scenes stories.  If anyone is interested in that time period, I highly recommend it.  Prichard was largely responsible for both Undertaker and Ted Dibiase coming to WWF to begin with.

I'm slightly sad to hear that HBK won't be out until you get around to the New Generation period, because the Rockers would make for fantastic Minimates!  Same for the Bulldogs.  But understandable.  You've gotta make hard choices, with so many great characters to choose from!  And honestly, if I had to pick tag teams who would make great Minimates, Demolition or the Road Warriors/Legion of Doom would be higher, even if they weren't quite as entertaining in the ring.

Edited by karamazov80

On 5/12/2018 at 8:51 AM, karamazov80 said:

I'm slightly sad to hear that HBK won't be out until you get around to the New Generation period, because the Rockers would make for fantastic Minimates!  Same for the Bulldogs.  But understandable.  You've gotta make hard choices, with so many great characters to choose from!  And honestly, if I had to pick tag teams who would make great Minimates, Demolition or the Road Warriors/Legion of Doom would be higher, even if they weren't quite as entertaining in the ring.

I am leaning in that same direction as far as tag teams go. :)

I had a slight delay with Ultimate Warrior, and he will be shipping out tomorrow. As for Macho Man, I realized that I will be busy with Loose Friday on that day, so I am pushing his preorder (and the optional subscription) to Sunday. 

HLY9gIL.jpg

HgvS7Tn.jpg

ugzozhc.jpg

Preorders are up for "Macho Man" Randy Savage, as well as my optional one year custom WWE subscription! The Macho Man features his iconic Wrestlemania V entrance attire. He has one determined face with yellow sunglasses, one smiling face with white sunglasses, his sparkling "Madness" robe, and the classic WWF championship belt.

The custom WWE Minimate subscription option will run for 12 months, from this month until April of next year. It will only be available this month (you can't sign up next month or any other month). Full payment for the year is required this month, just like a Loot Crate or similar subscription. The benefits are a 10% discount, and not having to worry about getting a custom before it sells out. And once again, the subscription is completely optional - each custom will also be available individually each month just as they are now.

This WWE subscription is for the "Hogan years" and will include famous wrestlers from approximately Wrestlemania 3-7. The only characters I will confirm at this time are Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant. I like to keep the others a surprise, and give hints as the year goes on. After this subscription has ended I will be releasing a few tag teams, and then moving on to the next era, from approximately Wrestlemania 8-13.

Preorder link: https://goo.gl/forms/bQkh6Ig5UvNa1Sa02