UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WWF Custom Minimate Preorder Thread

So psyched about this!  The one dream Minimate line we never got, and you're also starting with my favorite. Thanks Luke!  Now I need to investigate this custom Marvel line I hear you speak of.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, karamazov80 said:

So psyched about this!  The one dream Minimate line we never got, and you're also starting with my favorite. Thanks Luke!  Now I need to investigate this custom Marvel line I hear you speak of.

Glad to hear it! :)

Would love to see Jim Neidhart, "Slammy Award Winner" Owen, and the Bulldog as complementary figures.  But there are so many great, iconic characters you could go with in that era.  Undertaker, Hogan, Ted Dibiase (I can imagine your interpretation of his laughing face!), Ric Flair, Big Van Vader, Great Muta, the Road Warriors, the Rockers. . .and of course, the Macho Man.  I already have a terrific Macho Man custom that I got from Secret Santa a few years ago, but you can never have enough Macho Men!  *cue the Village People song*

14 minutes ago, karamazov80 said:

Would love to see Jim Neidhart, "Slammy Award Winner" Owen, and the Bulldog as complementary figures.  But there are so many great, iconic characters you could go with in that era.  Undertaker, Hogan, Ted Dibiase (I can imagine your interpretation of his laughing face!), Ric Flair, Big Van Vader, Great Muta, the Road Warriors, the Rockers. . .and of course, the Macho Man.  I already have a terrific Macho Man custom that I got from Secret Santa a few years ago, but you can never have enough Macho Men!  *cue the Village People song*

Some of those are in the works. :D

I have two more Bret Hart preorders available, but it's probably better that way, since people tend to find these customs a few days or even weeks after they are announced. I just sent out invoices for the Hitman. 

I am working on getting some wrestling rings to offer you guys, but it will likely be a couple of months until I have them. I'm just letting you know now so you don't spend a fortune on one of the Stackdown rings.

• 2 weeks later...

Bret Hart customs will ship in about 2 weeks for those of you who selected individual shipping. I will also be putting my next custom up for preorder at that time. Here is a hint: Vince McMahon paid for this Wrestler to have expensive back surgery so that he could come out of retirement.

Here is the true story:

Giants are not made long for this world, and toward the end of his life, injuries and health problems caused by acromegaly caught up with Andre the Giant. It became difficult just to walk, let alone wrestle, so he retired to his North Carolina ranch to drink wine and watch the countryside. He declined myriad requests for a comeback, despite promises of lavish payoffs. He was simply in too much pain to perform at the level he demanded of himself. Then he received a call from Vince McMahon.

McMahon was in the midst of taking his WWF promotion nation-wide. He’d scored big-time with his first two Wrestlemania events on pay-per-view, and as Wrestlemania III approached, Vince was hot to make it the biggest thing yet. To make that happen, he needed Andre the Giant.

Andre was in France visiting his ailing father when the call came. He thanked Vince but said there was no way he could get back in a ring, even though he very much wanted to. Not willing to give up, Vince flew to France to speak with Andre in person. He took Andre to see doctors specializing in back maladies. Radical back surgery was proposed. If successful, the procedure would lessen Andre’s pain and perhaps make it possible for him to get in the ring for Wrestlemania. If Andre was game, Vince agreed to pay for the entire cost of the expensive surgery.

The time arrived, and the anesthesiologist was frantic. He had never put a person of Andre’s size under the gas before and had no idea how much to use. Various experts were brought in but no solution presented itself until one of the doctors asked Andre how much he drank and how much it took to get him drunk.

“Well,” rumbled the Giant, “It usually takes two liters of vodka just to make me feel warm inside.”

And thus was a solution found. The anesthesiologist was able to extrapolate a correct mixture for Andre by analyzing his alcohol intake. It was a medical breakthrough, and the system is still used to this day for certain patients.

Five months later, Andre the Giant wrestled a “body-slam” match against Hulk Hogan and brought down the house.

Link to original article - definitely worth a read

Actually, change of plans. I need to put Andre on hold until later this year. A different wrestler will go up for preorder in 2 weeks, and here is a hint: After this wrestler's appearance changed, there were rumors that he died, and had been replaced by a different person. 

No, that's definitely Ultimate Warrior. Back in the days before the internet, it was a very common urban legend that Warrior had died and been replaced like 2-3 times.

That said... I feel compelled to ask... because starting with Bret Hart has left room for confusion in my mind, haha:

Will you be focusing more on Classic WWF, "New Generation" WWF, or straddling between the two?

For those who aren't big enough wrestling nerds to know what I'm talking about, classic WWF might typically be considered the "Hogan" era: IE. That would be more Hogan, Andre, Piper, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Junk Yard Dog, Sgt. Slaughter, Big Boss Man, etc. The "New Generation" started after WWF had mostly let go old stars like Hogan and Randy Savage, allowing guys like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon, Diesel, etc, to rise to the top.

Bret Hart is one of the few guys who was actually around in both eras, but he was really more of a tag wrestler, nearer to the bottom/middle of the card in the classic era, and didn't become a main event star until they began transitioning to the New Generation. Much the same story w/ Shawn Michaels. But like I said... Bret leaves room for confusion, as his rise into his heyday pretty much straddles the line between the two eras.

ANYWAY I'm rambling... I'm just wondering if we can expect guys like Razor, Diesel... perhaps a bit more modern (purple gloves) Undertaker... or "Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels (not Rocker Shawn Michaels)... or if you'll be sticking closer to the Hogan era?

1 hour ago, Freaqualizer said:

Yeah..I was just kinda joking because when Nash and Hall left WWF after the curtain call incident the roles of Diesel and Razor were filled by different wrestlers. Internet humor is not my strong suit, I guess. LoL 

I caught the joke immediately. Thank god that new Diesel and new Razor Ramon gimmick crashed and burned or we probably never would have got Kane.

28 minutes ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

I caught the joke immediately. Thank god that new Diesel and new Razor Ramon gimmick crashed and burned or we probably never would have got Kane.

But because of it at lost Dr. Isaac Yankem...

Edited by Tribble_WC

I was into that early generation because a bunch of those guys came up from Stampede Wrestling out of Calgary that we used to get on Canadian TV when I was a kid. I think the Hart family ran it. The Hart Foundation and the British Bulldogs among others came from Stampede. I think Jake the Snake as well.