UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Mighty Thor: Informal Character Poll #10

elhonez

Which Thor character should be made next?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which Thor character should be made next?

2. 2. Which Thor army builder should be made next?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/22/2018 at 07:19 PM

It's time for the last individual poll of this run - The Mighty Thor! Foes and allies of the God of Thunder await your vote. Here's a quick rundown:

The Warriors Three - They need no introduction, and take up three slots in this poll.

Malekith - Introduced in Walt Simonson's famous run on Thor in the 80s, this evil dark elf was the featured villain in Thor: The Dark World. But don't hold that against him. ; )

Kurse - Once a dark elf named Algrim, he blamed Thor for his near death, that was actual due to Malekith's treachery. Overpowered by the Beyonder, because comics, he became a single-minded engine of destruction, whose only goal was to destroy Thor.

Mangog - The sum total hatred of a "billion billion" beings of a race that had come into conflict with Asgard, he's a Kirby-riffic super powered monster.

Ulik - The mighty rock troll who has been a frequent adversary of Thor.

Executioner - Recently released as a movie figure. As we now have the Enchantress, we need her lifelong partner-in-crime, Skurge the Executioner, in his comic duds.

Pluto - The Olympian God of the Underworld. AKA Hades. A semi-frequent big bad in the 616 who was introduced in classic Thor comics.

Ymir - A giant frost god. Snow Miser to Surtur's Heat Miser (game on!). We've got Surtur, now he needs a playmate.

The army builders for this round:

Storm Giants - Your basic Asgardian humanoid giants.

latest?cb=20090315195848

Rigellians - Aggressively colonizing alien species who first appeared in Thor. Known for the character Tana Nile, and their Recorder androids.

291532-16182-rigellians.jpg

Rock Trolls - Orange-skinned Asgardian trolls. The most famous of their species: Ulik and King Geirrodur. 

rocktrollundance.jpg

Frost Giants - Before they were retconned to be giant blue tribal-tattooed beasts, they appeared humanoid, like their king Utgard-Loki. Pictured here are Grundroth and a couple others.

latest?cb=20090522105635

Edited by elhonez

Classic comic Volstagg, please. Then Hogan and Fandral.

And Trolls because they aren’t sposed to be giant but aren’t due to the Minimates size restrictions. 

But really, there’s not a character on here I wouldn’t want. 

Edited by Mystery Man

Now, this is REALLY the poll for me and I think they should all be made!  However, as it seems unfair to pick any one of the warriors 3 I think ulik deserves the vote as he is probably the most iconic unmade thor villain.  Likewise frost giants are probably the most iconic army builder but I'd love the rigellians too.

Wowzers. I reaaaaaaaally had a hard time with this one. I want a comic book Skurge, but can live with the movie version. I’ve also really wanted a comic book Malekith. I finally went with Ulik. He’s probably my most wanted minimate right now. 

And then I picked the frost giants. 

I had to go with Ulik. I wanted someone who we didn't already have a figure of and I love his classic Kirby look. 
The Warriors three would be AWESOME as minimates in their ridiculously bright classic costumes, but I couldn't vote for one on their own.
I might be in the minority here, but I kinda liked the retconned blue, tattooed Frost Giants (with their tusk earrings and such) more than their classic counterparts. So I went with Rigellians. they look comic-booky, and I want that head piece for a Destiny custom. 

16 hours ago, Nessex said:

I had to go with Ulik. I wanted someone who we didn't already have a figure of and I love his classic Kirby look. 
The Warriors three would be AWESOME as minimates in their ridiculously bright classic costumes, but I couldn't vote for one on their own.
I might be in the minority here, but I kinda liked the retconned blue, tattooed Frost Giants (with their tusk earrings and such) more than their classic counterparts. So I went with Rigellians. they look comic-booky, and I want that head piece for a Destiny custom. 

Until this thread, I never knew the frost giants even looked like that classic look. I don't like those at all, the blue ones are much more interesting looking to me 

I'd welcome that. I think the last Thor box didn't sell so well, but it included a virtual dupe of Beta Ray Bill (deco var), a less popular version of Loki and a Thor that perhaps wasn't different enough from previous versions. Sif was the only real new-new character there.

Do we know for sure whether or not the BAF is a one-off, or more are coming? I honestly don't know... has Mr. Oat mentioned anything about it?

Either way, this is the last poll before the big rollup. I reckon I won't be polling any more ABs moving forward. Once we start getting to the likes of Sidri and the Ovoids, we know we're stretching (with the exception of WARWOLVES of course!).

I also get the giant-is-giant sentiment for sure, but once they released that 2.5" Galactus I kinda gave up on that. I'd be over the moon for a Fin Fang Foom or Devil Dinosaur in 2.5", for instance.

20ca71a5-fe82-430a-bff7-765259797ab1.jpgVSbowen-ulik-mini-bust-mb-marvel-le_1_d489

In all the other polls, I could call it early and let the poll coast to 50+ votes for the final tally. But this one has been a dog fight between these two heavies, Skurge and Ulik. Volstagg the Voluminous has tied up 3rd, and Frost Giants are the favorite army builder, but we need one final vote submission to send one (or both) of these cats to the championship.